Data base after system backup

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Data base after system backup

Postby Alergenic » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

Good afternoon.
I have a problem. I had PT4 on my laptop with windows 8. I decided to make a system backup. After backup, there was no PT4 installed on my laptop. I downloaded it and installed. I cant finish the installation, because PostgreSQL cant complete the installation. With the problem described here: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=46085 Presented there method to solve this installation problem does not help. How could I complete my installation? Is it possible to find my data base that was before the system backup? Somehow to find or restore it?
Thank you.
Alergenic

Re: Data base after system backup

Postby kraada » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Restart your computer and re-run the installer replacing everything in the original location. You can delete the secondary location. That should fix everything as I suspect it's just a misconfiguration at this point. If not, go into Database -> Database Management and click New then Browse and you should be able to find your old database and click on it and click OK then Connect to use it again.

In the future, you want to use replace if ever asked.
kraada

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]