Lost database?

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost database?

Postby Jeaan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi,

Something bad happened to my computer two days ago. My ps.fr notes file got corrupted, my tableninjas I and II stopped working (TN2 was not used that day), and PT3 could not find my database any longer. I might have flipped off the power switch of my computer before it was properly turned off after a session, I'm not sure.

When I lauch PT3 now I get a window entitled "configure PostgreSQL database" proposing me to create a DB. If I do click create, I get an error (Reasons: unable to login to databse (template 1)). When I click "browse Databases" instead, the "Select PostgreSQL Database" window shows an empty list ("Loading." stays forever). I don't remember any longer what happened exactly on the boot just after the problem occured, the only error message I wrote down was "FATAL: shared buffer hash table corrupted".

I am a database noob. How can I check whether my database is still in there somewhere? If not, I will have to create a new database and process again all these hands from my hand histories in the "Processed" folder (I have over 1 million hands). Should uninstall and reinstall PT3?

Thanks for any insight!
Jean
Jeaan

Re: Lost database?

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Click Start type services.msc and click on it when it appears. Do you see PostgreSQL in the list? Can you start it?
kraada

Postby Jeaan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes, there is PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 in the list. When I double click on it I get a properties type window and click "start": after a while I get "windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local computer. Error 1053 etc".
Jeaan

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Click Start type Event Viewer and click on it when it appears. Expand "Windows Logs" and click on Application. Look for the error relating to PostgreSQL in the top center pane. Click on it and tell me what the error message says.
kraada

Postby Jeaan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 pm

I have Windows 8 btw.

I am confused, I see only "information" levels associated with "PostgreSQL" as Source.
Like:

Waiting for server startup...
2014-04-01 21:25:17 BST LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"
Timed out waiting for server startup

I have an error with ESENT as Source, no idea if it's related:

SettingSyncHost (7432) {AFBFBEE5-9E7E-4496-9E28-D10B715DFD7F}: Unable to read the header of logfile C:\Users\jean__000\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Live\Roaming\LocalSync\edb.log. Error -4001.
Jeaan

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Ok in that case please attach the last 5 files (by date) in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log folder to a support ticket and we'll investigate further for you.
kraada

Postby Jeaan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:19 pm

ticket submitted
Jeaan

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]