Rush Poker HUD not showing up while playing

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rush Poker HUD not showing up while playing

Postby DaGrunt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am

Hello,

I'm using PT 4.10.9 on Windows 7 and I have a problem with my Rush HUD.

When I start up the hand import and HUD, it gives me the following error message:

"The Rush HUD failed to launch and has been disabled. To resolve:

1. Make sure Pokertracker.exe is running as an administrator..."

Hands import and show up fine, and stats when reviewing hands work fine. HUD also works completely normally for HU. But for Rush poker it doesn't work.

I'm running PT as Admin (have to type in the admin password every time I start it).

I tried disabling my virus scanner and it didn't do anything. For virus scanner I use Avira Free AntiVirus. For firewall I use the Windows built-in firewall, and I'm not going to disable it for playing :p

I have the latest version of PokerTracker.

I use 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 with all the latest security updates.

Any idea what could be the problem? Like I said my HUD for non-rush hands at FTP works fine, as does import and stats @ hand review. Just the gametime HUD for Rush poker does not.
DaGrunt

Re: Rush Poker HUD not showing up while playing

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 am

Make sure you have the Rush Hud enabled and that you are starting things up in the order explained here. Those are the two most common reasons the HUD wouldn't show.
kraada

Postby DaGrunt » Tue May 27, 2014 6:23 am

I've done all of those steps already but HUD still doesn't show gametime. What further instructions would you have for me?
DaGrunt

Postby kraada » Tue May 27, 2014 7:16 am

Please restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder.
kraada

Postby DaGrunt » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 am

How do I enable logging?
DaGrunt

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 am

If you start PokerTracker using the link on your Start menu that says "Logging Enabled" logging will be enabled.
kraada

Postby DaGrunt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:19 am

Trying to fetch the log file from File -> Open User Data Folder I get an error saying "Location is not available - C:\Users\Myusername\AppDate\Local\Pokertracker 4 refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a tnetwork. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet on your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location." What's up? :)
DaGrunt

Postby kraada » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 am

That may well be your problem then if we can't write to the AppData folder then it would cause all kinds of things to not work. What version of Windows are you using?
kraada

Postby DaGrunt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.. it's admin password protected, so every time you install/uninstall/run something you need to input the admin password. Maybe that's why it's not writing correctly to the folder?
DaGrunt

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:05 am

You do need to be running PT4 as Admin -- it should prompt you normally but if it's not, you will need to start it as Administrator.
kraada

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]