Trial Version (import error)

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trial Version (import error)

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:10 pm

This could be because of data corruption caused by a computer crash. Please try reindexing your database by going to Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Command Prompt. In the prompt, write "reindexdb -a" and press enter. This process might take a while if you have large databases.

i was having the same problem so I tried everything else in this thread and others, then decided to go for this and I get this message:

'reindexdb -a' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any suggestions?
themightyjim2k

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Did you start your command prompt through the Start/Postgres menu as described in italics in your post?
WhiteRider

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:19 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Did you start your command prompt through the Start/Postgres menu as described in italics in your post?

yep sure did.
themightyjim2k

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:21 pm

OK, just a thought. I'm not going to be any help with this, I'm afraid - you'll have to wait for one of the postgres experts to come back..
WhiteRider

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:22 pm

WhiteRider wrote:OK, just a thought. I'm not going to be any help with this, I'm afraid - you'll have to wait for one of the postgres experts to come back..

thanks for taking a look.

if you bump into one of them some place else on the forums please direct them this way.
themightyjim2k

Postby Peligroso » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Weird. Is the command prompt saying "C:\Program Files\8.x\bin>"? The command refers to the file "reindexdb.exe" which should be in that folder and your error message seems to imply that the file can't be found. Make sure that you really start it via the PostgreSQL menu and not by just running cmd (if you do, make sure that you go to the directory mentioned). More information on the reindexdb command can be found here.
Peligroso

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Peligroso wrote:Weird. Is the command prompt saying "C:\Program Files\8.x\bin>"? The command refers to the file "reindexdb.exe" which should be in that folder and your error message seems to imply that the file can't be found. Make sure that you really start it via the PostgreSQL menu and not by just running cmd (if you do, make sure that you go to the directory mentioned). More information on the reindexdb command can be found here.

yeah this is what the prompt says:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin>

also I looked through the PostgreSQL menu and I didn't see that file. so it could be that I somehow don't have it on my pc. Do I need to reinstall or something? also should I backup my PT3 db just in case I screw something up?

thanks again for the help. its much appreciated.
themightyjim2k

Postby Peligroso » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:06 pm

No, sorry for the confusion, the reindexdb shouldn't be available in the start menu, only the shortcut for the command prompt. Go to your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin directory and see if you have the file called reindexdb there. It sounds like there's a good chance you haven't, which is weird (although after googling I found that there was a bug in some previous release of PostgreSQL where it didn't get installed), and I would then suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall of PostgreSQL. Please see our tutorial for that here (it includes descriptions on how to backup your database too):

How To: Total uninstall/reinstall of PT3 and PostgreSQL.

Only thing is that unless you're running Windows Vista, I'd recommend downloading this version of PostgreSQL instead of the one linked in that tutorial:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/downloa ... .3.3-1.zip
Peligroso

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Peligroso wrote:No, sorry for the confusion, the reindexdb shouldn't be available in the start menu, only the shortcut for the command prompt. Go to your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin directory and see if you have the file called reindexdb there. It sounds like there's a good chance you haven't, which is weird (although after googling I found that there was a bug in some previous release of PostgreSQL where it didn't get installed), and I would then suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall of PostgreSQL. Please see our tutorial for that here (it includes descriptions on how to backup your database too):

How To: Total uninstall/reinstall of PT3 and PostgreSQL.

Only thing is that unless you're running Windows Vista, I'd recommend downloading this version of PostgreSQL instead of the one linked in that tutorial:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/downloa ... .3.3-1.zip

yeah can't find the file. so I guess I'll give that a go.

thanks I'll report back later.
themightyjim2k

Postby M500 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 pm

still no luck for me, i cleared the pw restriction but i get the following error message now "could not connect to database postgres: FATAL role "my name" does not exist"
M500

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]