Trial Version (import error)

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trial Version (import error)

Postby M500 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:15 pm

any more suggestions..... this is rediculous, you pay for a product to USE it
M500

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:23 pm

just did the full uninstall and reinstall of PT3 and Posgres. everything seems to be running much smoother and error free now. Still not sure what the problem was, but I guess it was a corrupt db that I couldn't figure out.

I'll post if I run into any of the old problems.

also to anyone else who has to uninstall PT3 don't forget to save your HUD layouts. I almost forgot and that would have been a huge pain to go back and fix.
themightyjim2k

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:30 pm

M500 wrote:still no luck for me, i cleared the pw restriction but i get the following error message now "could not connect to database postgres: FATAL role "my name" does not exist"

You need to be using the database user 'postgres'. It sounds like you are trying to connect via another user account; how that was created is beyond me.

M500 wrote:any more suggestions..... this is rediculous, you pay for a product to USE it

You are having problems with PostgreSQL, not with PokerTracker 3. We will certainly work with you to get the issue resolved but we need for you to be patient and to work with us. Did you let PT3 install PostgreSQL for you or did you install it manually? I am guessing the latter which is more than likely leading to the problems that you are experiencing...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 am

For starters, i am using vista. I installed postgresql upon prompt from PT3 after downloading it.
"You need to be using the database user 'postgres'. It sounds like you are trying to connect via another user account; how that was created is beyond me."-Aperfect10

How should I go about changing what user name it's using?

I have no access via PT3 to Hand Historys so are they corrupted? If i were to reinstall everything would i still keep my db of hands?
M500

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:24 am

Do you still have the original hand history files? If you have those, you can always re-import.

If you do a full uninstall/reinstall including removing the postgres folders, yes you will lose your databases, so don't do that unless you have a back up (or your hand history files).
Since you can't connect to postgres at the moment, I'm not sure whether you will be able to back up the database in any simple way, so I won't make any further suggestions for now, but I'm sure Derek/APerfect10 will be back when he gets up (bear in mind he's on US time).
WhiteRider

Postby richl4200 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:27 am

I'm getting this error message as well :

PokerStars: Unable to import hand (#19501764889). Reason: Unable to execute query: COPY holdem_hand_player_detail FROM STDIN;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: could not open relation 1663/27620/44651: No such file or directory CONTEXT: COPY holdem_hand_player_detail, line 1: "219203

I'm using pokertracker 2 and it works fine with my database, but it is not working for pt3...

I have tried adding the lines to the configuration file that you mentioned to no avail.
Same problems as others are having, what do I need to do in order to get this program to work
richl4200

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:28 am

Alright im in no true rush, I wont try anything not reccomended,just want to get this issue resolved
M500

Postby Peligroso » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:22 pm

How to connect as a different user is explained in the guide for the command, which I linked to earlier in the thread. You need to add "-U postgres" to the command, so it would look something like:

reindexdb -U postgres -a
Peligroso

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Great, it's finally working again. However, my hand histories are still missing how do i go about recovering them?
M500

Postby Peligroso » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:46 pm

M500 wrote:Great, it's finally working again. However, my hand histories are still missing how do i go about recovering them?
Your imported hand history files will by default be moved to C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Processed. What hand histories are you missing? Is your database empty?
Peligroso

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]