Trial Version (import error)

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Trial Version (import error)

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:51 pm

yes the db is empty except for an FTOPS event i played earlier today when PT3 wasnt even working
M500

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Are the hand history files not in the Hand History folder for your site? (full tilt, is it?)
If they weren't imported, then PT3 shouldn't have moved them, but you could check the 'processed' folder.
Otherwise, you will have to request them from the poker site.
WhiteRider

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm

yeah the hand history folder for full tilt is empty and I dont think that full tilt supports the sending of old HHs, im going to check the processed folder, hopefully it is there.
M500

Postby M500 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:15 pm

they are in the processed folder, what do i do with them?
M500

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Probably the best way is to create a subfolder and move all the files from the preiod you missed into it, then run a manual import on that subfolder. After that, you can move the files back into the main folder and remove the subfolder again.
WhiteRider

Postby valgen02 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 pm

When I was trying to save the file with 'zero_damaged_pages = on' it wouldn't let me save it. It said I have to make sure the file name and path are correct.

I'm using vista and I the latest version of PT3 Beta 15.. Could somebody advise as to how I can fix my problem. Thank you!

Andy

APerfect10 wrote:Your PostgreSQL database has been corrupted which can either be caused by a power failure or faulty hardware.

To resolve the error:
  1. Go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Configuration Files->Edit postgres.conf
  2. Scroll to the very end of this file and add the line: zero_damaged_pages = on
  3. File->Save.
  4. Go Start->Programs->PostgreSQL->Reload Configurations
That should resolve the issue. After the error has been resolved, it is highly recommend that you go back into your PostgreSQL config file and remove the line we just added.

Best regards,

Derek
valgen02

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 am

Right click the 'Edit postgres.conf' and set it to run as administrator (I don't have vista, I don't know if the option is on the right click menu, or whether you need to choose 'Properties' first)
WhiteRider

Postby kalich » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:49 am

Hello,

I spend a lot of time on this forum, but still cant solve my problem...
I have been using PT3 for last 5 months and its awesome...
but a few days ago, a had to restart my XP windows, because it froze, and PT3 was open at that time.
From that moment, It said to me that error mssg with Unable to import hand ...
I tried to do the trick with "zero_damaged_pages = on"
but from that time the error msg have changed to:
Unable to import hand (#123456789). Reason: Unable to execute query: COPY holdem_hand_summary FROM STDIN;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "holdem_hand_summary_primary_key" CONTEXT
as I have read in your Database / Postgres FAQ it says that "That's not really a problem, it's just an indication that the hand was already in the database."
but
I think it cant be, because when I play (I play HU snG) new game, and PT3 tries to import hand, it says to me this error msg...so it cant be somewhere in the system, when its new hand every second... I don't know what to do with it
because of this error, I cant backup database even from PT3 via EXPORT
Unable to execute query: SELECT hhh.id_hand FROM tourney_holdem_hand_histories hhh, tourney_holdem_hand_summary hhs WHERE hhs.id_hand=hhh.id_hand AND hhs.id_site=100;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: invalid page header in block 1101 of relation "tourney_holdem_hand_summary" )

or via pgAdmin III, it says the :
pg_dump: dumping contents of table tourney_holdem_hand_histories
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: invalid page header in block 6156 of relation "tourney_holdem_hand_histories"
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.tourney_holdem_hand_histories (id_hand, history) TO stdout;
pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

could anyone help me?
I know its my fault, that my computer was restarted, but I don't want to loose my data from last xx HU games... I am a serious stats freak, and any loos of my results would be a disaster for me :D

anyway, this software ROCKS!
kalich

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:03 am

Did you also try cluster/vacuum/analysing the database? This can tidy up some errors like this.

Also in the Database / Postgres FAQ...

There are two main reasons for this error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.

I know you've done the second bit - try the first bit too..
WhiteRider

Postby kalich » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:25 am

hi
yes, I have tried cluster/vacuum/analysing the database many times, I do it normally every week...
The first bit, I wrote reindexdb -a to the command line and there is a password protection. but I could not write there anything, the cursor is just standing at the same place...even if I write "dbpass" it stands at the beginning and fails due to authentication... :(
I am not very experienced in line commands...maybe I have to push some button.. I dunno :(
I can write anything to command promt, but not password...
kalich

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]