Contributed Rake

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Contributed Rake

Postby screwed99 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:18 pm

The rake shown on General is contributed rake. When I go to Summary there is a much larger number for rake, I'm guessing this is rake collected from all players in pots I was involved in; this is fine. When I click on my name in the Player Summary box and add in a column for contributed rake, this is again another number, slightly different from the original one on the General page. Can someone explain the difference, Thank-you.
screwed99

Re: Contributed Rake

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:13 pm

I assume the last one you're talking about, contributed rake, may be MGR which is the rake paid on each hand divided by the number of players in the hand. This is to give a starting point for some sites' rake back calculations, etc.
Could that explain it?
WhiteRider

Postby screwed99 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:24 am

No I'm afraid that's another number. In one sample I have a Rake on the General page of $85.26, and the MGR shown on this page is $97.97. On the Summary page the Rake is $919.15 and the average no. players is 8.91. Then the 3rd Rake figure if I go to my name in the Player Summary box below is $90.18. Unfortunately $919.15/8.91=$103.16 ... another different number. I am now very confused.
screwed99

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:42 am

The Player Summary report has one line for each player ID at each level, so if you are playing at different levels you will need to add up the values.
I can't explain why the value would be higher there than on the General tab, though.
If you have different levels, compare the rake figures for each of them between the tabs - can you see one where there is a difference?
Alternatively, try filtering to some dates (or ranges) and see if you can find where the difference comes from.

Have you set any aliases?
WhiteRider

Postby JayBee84 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:42 am

Now that it is possible to tell the different currencies apart on boss media I've tried to calculate my rakeback. But I can't. The way MGR is calculated on boss is not the way PT calculates it. Boss calculates MGR as average contributed rake (ACR). It might be Weighted Contributed Rake but I'm pretty sure it's ACR. ACR is calculated as the rake taken from the pot divided equally between the players who contributed to the pot. Is it possible to see the ACR in PT?
JayBee84

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 am

This should be possible but before I can help you build the stat I need a bit more information, specifically: How much contribution to the pot is required in order for it to count for you?

If you raise preflop but fold to a 3bet, are you added in? If there's a limped pot and the bb checks and folds to a flop bet, does it count for the BB?
kraada

Postby harpsy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 am

Hi Kraada

Has this info been provided cos i am happy to get the rake details from my skin or affiliate as at the moment the rake and mgr fields are not useful for Boss...unless i am missing something.

Cheers
Harpsy
harpsy

Postby kraada » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:46 am

I haven't gotten this information from anybody yet. If you'll PM me the details I'll gladly build a Boss MGR stat for you guys.
kraada

Postby JayBee84 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

I've talked to the manager at fortune poker (boss media) but he doesn't know how the rakeback is calculated other than that it is contributed... He promised me to send the question to someone else to get an answer, but I haven't heard anything yet even though I wrote him about it again... So I've decided to try and figure it out myself... Here is how I think it is like:

Total rake taken from the pot*(The amount of money that you've put into the pot/total pot) = Contributed rake.

i.e. If you're the BB and everybody folds to the button who raises to 4*BB, SB calls and you fold. On the flop the Button succesfully c-bets and collects the pot. You would then have contributed with:

Total rake taken from the pot*(1BB/9BB)

I don't know for sure that this is how the contributed rake is calculated, but if I could get this statistic then I could compare it to the actual amount of money that I recieve in rakeback.
JayBee84

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 am

That should be pretty easy to build.
You will need these database fields:
holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_ttl (total amount you bet in the hand)
holdem_hand_summary.amt_pot (size of the final pot won)
holdem_hand_summary.amt_rake (amount of rake paid in the hand)

Have a go at building your stat and if you get stuck, please post back with what you have so far.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]