Postgres error on installation

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Postgres error on installation

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:51 pm

[quote="skoldpadda"kig]I don't think I've disabled anything though, so how would I check for this and do you have any further ideas?[/quotekig]

Open up the service manage and look for "Secondary Logon". It needs to be "Started" and it should startup "Automatically".

[attachment=0kig]
secondary_logon.png
[/attachmentkig]
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby _dave_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 pm

[quote="skoldpadda"d2c]I don't think I've disabled anything though, so how would I check for this and do you have any further ideas?[/quoted2c]

It's in the "admin / Services" Control panel you went looking for the postgres service in earlier.

It should be "Secondary Logon / Enables... / Started / Automatic" I think.

EDIT: OMG you put up a screenshot faster than I type!
_dave_

Postby skoldpadda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:21 pm

I tried that and here's my latest message :) -- thanks for all the help. Hope to find more "bugs" for you all.
[imgpaq]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/skoldpadda/PT3success.jpg[/imgpaq]
skoldpadda

Postby _dave_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:28 pm

[quote="skoldpadda"47n]I tried that and here's my latest message :) -- thanks for all the help. Hope to find more "bugs" for you all.
[img47n]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/skoldpadda/PT3success.jpg[/img47n][/quote47n]

Congratulations :)

to confirm, service "Secondary Logon" was disabled, yes?
_dave_

Postby skoldpadda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Yes, apparently that was the problem that caused all of these other errors.
skoldpadda

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:18 am

Woot! So easy to overlook something so simple. I am not sure why I did not think of that.

Thank you for sticking with us and thanks to everyone that helped! This should help us greatly in assisting future users with a similar problem.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby Kimjor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am

Glaad to be of assistance, sometimes it is the small things we tend to overlook.

I remember a loooong time ago i had my mon on the phone, and she couldnt get outlook to send/recieve, so i was playing mr. dell supporter. well anyways we got it setup and i asked her to press F9 (shortcut for send/recieve) and then she kept telling me nothing happened!!! i tried again, "mom press F9" ... "nothing"..

You know what she had done?? can you guess it :P Yup she had pressed the "f" key and then the "9" key, even though she has used a computer many times i guess the F-keys never came up. Anyways just a little side note
Kimjor

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]