Linux + wine + pokertracker

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Linux + wine + pokertracker

Postby linuxer » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 am

kraada wrote:What distribution are you using? I'm on Ubuntu 10.4 and for me it's in /etc/postgresql/[version]/main/.

Ok, i stopped it and restarted it. The start would be very much longer, so i deinstalled it completely and installed it new again.
But the start of PT will need much more time than the first time. At "step 3" i skip the import and click continue.

But that was yesterday. It isn't ready now.

What's wrong? :?
linuxer

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 am

It shouldn't take anywhere near that long to start up. Edit the PokerTracker.cfg file in the PokerTracker directory (which should be in the subfolder of wine's program files directory wherever it is for you) and set Logging=Y in the [General] section.

Restart PT3 and let it run for about 5 minutes, then paste what you've got in that file here - it shouldn't be that long.
kraada

Postby linuxer » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 pm

ok, her is the log:

http://pastebin.de/15692

Thank you very much.
linuxer

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:03 pm

That log states that you were using our stable version - 3.08.1 - try upgrading to our latest beta and see if it fares any better (if it doesn't, please paste a new log).
kraada

Postby linuxer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:47 pm

kraada wrote:That log states that you were using our stable version - 3.08.1 - try upgrading to our latest beta and see if it fares any better (if it doesn't, please paste a new log).

Ok, I'd done it.

But the porblem is the same, too.

http://pastebin.de/15839

I deinstalled completely (first uninstaller of Pokertracker/wine, second deleting the whole directory with MidnightCommander (Linux).
linuxer

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Are you getting the setup wizard at all or any of the application to show? The log shows auto import starting which should imply you took some type of action.
kraada

Postby linuxer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm

kraada wrote:Are you getting the setup wizard at all or any of the application to show? The log shows auto import starting which should imply you took some type of action.

Yes, the application is hanging at step3.

Clicking "import & continue" makes a full-CPU-usage for days without stopping.

Clicking the Pokerstars-Icon in the upper window shows the files in /handhistory and it seems to be imported.
But: 100%-CPU-usage for a lot of hours, (making the last lof-file the Pokertracker was running about one hour), and it seems to be to have no end.
linuxer

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok try just closing out of the Setup Wizard before starting the import - does the main PT3 application start up then?
kraada

Postby linuxer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 am

kraada wrote:Ok try just closing out of the Setup Wizard before starting the import - does the main PT3 application start up then?

It doesn't start without setup.

And the setup will not activate step4.
linuxer

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

Have you tried closing it while it's still responsive? Behavior on normal Windows and Mac machines both is to close Setup Wizard and then start PT3.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]