Linux + wine + pokertracker

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Linux + wine + pokertracker

Postby linuxer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm

kraada wrote:Have you tried closing it while it's still responsive? Behavior on normal Windows and Mac machines both is to close Setup Wizard and then start PT3.

yes. But there is a problem: It is still in memory, so PT3 can't start.

so I must kill the console in which I startet PT3 and open the console again. One time PT3 starts .. and starts .. and starts .. and nothing mire.

The next tries are everytime the same. Always the setup is starting. :(

But: Arch has a rolling relase and there are new updates for wine and Linux-kernel:

2.6.37-ARCH

wine-1.3.15
linuxer

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Well you can definitely give them a try and see if they work better - keep me posted.
kraada

Postby linuxer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 am

kraada wrote:Well you can definitely give them a try and see if they work better - keep me posted.

It doesn't works, too. :(
linuxer

Postby kraada » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I'll try and find some time later to test on my system and see if I can track down a cause, though we don't officially support wine, I'd really like to have a way to get this working if we can manage it.
kraada

Postby linuxer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 am

kraada wrote:I'll try and find some time later to test on my system and see if I can track down a cause, though we don't officially support wine, I'd really like to have a way to get this working if we can manage it.

I think, the reason is in bloated postgresql, because that compi only has 256 MB RAM.

This week-end i installed it at a new compi, so PT3 runs, but there are other problems, see the other questions
linuxer

Postby madsenma » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 pm

kraada wrote:It looks like for Arch it's in /var/lib/postgres/data/ - see here, and basically you want to follow the steps in the "Configure PostgreSQL to be accessible from remote" section.

Hello, I am trying to run PT4 via wine on Mac OSX Lion. I have managed to get PT4 as well as postgres installed, however, I run into similar problems where postgres fails to create the database, saying password authentication failed for user: "postgres". I attempted to configure postgres to be accessible from remote hosts using the link quoted above, however there is no "postgres" folder under /var/lib/.

Please advise!!
madsenma

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Which version of PostgreSQL did you install and where did you get the installer from?
kraada

Postby madsenma » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:32 pm

kraada wrote:Which version of PostgreSQL did you install and where did you get the installer from?

I'm not sure about the version. I installed the PT4 beta and just followed the prompt to install PostgreSQL. Is there a way I can find out which version it was?
madsenma

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 pm

So wine downloaded and installed PostgreSQL? That almost certainly won't work well - you'll want to download and install PostgreSQL manually on your Mac OS side - use this installer to install things, then you'll see the appropriate directory in /Library/PostgreSQL/

If you mean PT3 for OS X installed it, that's where the files will be (/Library)
kraada

Postby madsenma » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 am

Oh brilliant, I already have PostgreSQL set up on the Mac OS side. How do I then get it to work with PT4 on wine? When I load up PT4 via wine it starts with the create database window
madsenma

PreviousNext

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]