Service PostgreSQL database server 8.3 Failed to start

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Service PostgreSQL database server 8.3 Failed to start

Postby Drakx121 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:04 pm

I had so much issue since yesterday it ragging, ive pass a good 8hour trying to fix the issue and stuck with new problem.
I deleted everything from comptuer related to PT3 and PostgreSQL reboot turn off firewall, activate second login, every single step, trying activate Postgre in service
but doesnt work give me a error....

Now i Install PT4 work good when it try install the PostgreSQL it stop at Service PostgreSQL database Server 8'3 ( pgsql-8.3 )
failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I also desactivated all the administrator thing. All i got is a window firewall and it bugged and disable since yesterday anyway and cant get it working

Please help.
Drakx121

Re: Service PostgreSQL database server 8.3 Failed to start

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 am

I'm sorry if you've already done this, but it's not clear from your post - when uninstalling PostgreSQL you need to fully uninstall it so please follow the steps in this guide carefully to make sure that PostgreSQL fully removed before you try to reinstall it.
If it still won't install after that please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and request remote assistance and someone will work with you directly to help you get things working again.
WhiteRider

Postby Drakx121 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm

I also now have fully updated my comptuer which mean install the service pack 1 who never installed before, fixed everything and deleted my anti-virus ive done all the step and fully uninstalled everything there is no trace of PostgreSQL anywhere on my comptuer other then in service where he cant find it when i click starting because ive deleted all file related even included into command uninstall cmd for postgre ect but everytime i uninstall tracker and reinstall it install then load a create database instead of download postgre obv doesnt work because i have no database installed but it act like i do.
Drakx121

Postby Drakx121 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Now Holdem manager i installed see if work and it working, i really dont wanna go with them as i hope PT will be able fix this issue for me
Drakx121

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 pm

If you create that support ticket as WhiteRider requested we will work with you and make sure everything gets set up and functioning properly for you.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]