Can't Install PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Can't Install PostgreSQL

Postby tops10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi, I just purchased a new computer and PT4 - I've downloaded PT4 fine but the Postgre will not install.

The computer's operating system is Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit. After installing PT4 it automatically tried installing Postgre (version 9.0), but it has failed a couple of times. This is the first error: "Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database cluster initialisation failed."

Then it actually continues downloading and says "Set has finished installing PostgreSQL on your computer." But when I click Finish and try opening PT4 and connect, it says "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration."

Could someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong? I can't find my particular issues on this forum. Thanks.
tops10

Re: Can't Install PostgreSQL

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 am

I've seen this a few times with Windows 8 - what you need to do is create a new folder in the root of the C drive and call it PostgreSQL and then point the installer at that directory and it should work. My understanding is that this has to do with the way permissions are handled in Windows 8.
kraada

Postby tops10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks kraada, I did this but am getting a new error message. It says 'A non-fatal error occured whilst loading database modules. Please check the installation log in C:\Users\"Name"\AppData\Local\Temp for details.'

Actually, the installation ended up completing and I've downloaded a few hands in PT4 and am able to view stats. So it looks like everything is fine. However is there anything I need to worry about regarding the above error message? I can't find the installation log with that file path.

Thank you.
tops10

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 pm

If the hands are importing and data is displaying in the main PokerTracker window you shouldn't need to worry about that message.
kraada

Postby alko1982 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 am

I bought Poker Tracker 4. PT4 was established, and PostgreSQL started being established and gives out Pokertracker a window "The PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully". I have an OS Window 7 HB. what to do?
alko1982

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 am

I have replied to your duplicate post - please do not cross-post, we read every post. :)
WhiteRider

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]