installs but doesn't run (error noted during install however

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

installs but doesn't run (error noted during install however

Postby czechmater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi, i am super frustrated. I installed and uninstalled postgres three times trying to get it to connect with the newly installed pt4. First time was with PT4s auto install. PT4 could not connect to it. I checked processes and postgres not listed. Did it all again. Same. this time followed manual uninstall and install with postgres. Same. There was a message starting, 'problem reading post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly Error reading C/...' Going a bit crazy. Please help.

One other issue with PT4 that u may or may not be able to help with here...every time i closed it and then reopened it, it would say a version was already running and i had to go taskmanager/processes to shut it down first before reopening it.
czechmater

Re: installs but doesn't run (error noted during install how

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:25 am

Let's focus first on PostgreSQL - if that's not installed, nothing will work anyway. What version of Windows are you using and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?
kraada

Postby czechmater » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 am

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 and it's a 64 bit processor
czechmater

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Create a new folder on your C drive called PostgreSQL. Download this installer and run it and point it at that directory and it should work for you.
kraada

Postby czechmater » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Got the same message right at the end as it was installing:
problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. Error reading file C:/Program files/postgres SQL/postgressql.conf. Then when i try to start PT4 i get a message saying it can't connect (and there is no postgre process running, which probably explains the problem connecting)
czechmater

Postby czechmater » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 am

Not sure if my last message made it clear I created the folder suggested and used the installer (same one i used when i installed manually previously) provided, but I did so twice and got the same results as i have been having. Same message, same no process running, same everything. Incredibly frustrated now.
czechmater

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 am

Then please create a support ticket and one of our technicians will work with you to get this fixed.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]