Unable to install PT3 due to Sufficient Privileges missing?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to install PT3 due to Sufficient Privileges missing?

Postby walter1953 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 am

hi,

i just wanted to install PT3 on my new Laptop with windows 7. PT3 downloaded itself postgreSQL 8.3 and wanted to isntall it.

in the middle of the installation progress it stopps and gives out following error:

Code: Select all
"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

i tried to install it on my regular user account and then also tried it on an administrative account i just made (by "system and security" -> "Management" -> "Computer Mangagement" -> "Local users and groups" -> "Users" -> Right click properties on "Admin" and uncheck "account is deactivated")

what can I do? Please help

Thanks in advance :)

walter :)
walter1953

Re: Unable to install PT3 due to Sufficient Privileges missi

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 am

Are you using 64 bit Windows or 32 bit Windows?
kraada

Postby H4ppySt1ck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 am

I have the exact same issue that I can't seem to get fixed. I am running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 myself.
H4ppySt1ck

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Using 64 bit windows, try installing this version of PostgreSQL instead and see if that works better for you.
kraada

Postby H4ppySt1ck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm

My apologies for high-jacking this thread away from the person opening it, but could I get some quick advice as well?

I installed PostgreSQL from the link you provided, installed it succesfully, after making sure both the old version and PT3 were uninstalled, and rebooted. After installing PT3 again it prompted me to install PostgreSQL 8.x, even though I have 9.x installed. Not sure if this means it didn't detect the 9.x or if it's just standard and I'm supposed to click cancel. After I click cancel I get a Configure PostgreSQL Server window. The port and password (I tried both the standard 'dbpass' and password I gave during the installation of 9.x) are correct, but after a while it tells me there's an error in connecting and that I should check my configuration. How do I move forward from here?
H4ppySt1ck

Postby H4ppySt1ck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Can't seem to Edit my previous message, but I got it fixed. I had to manually delete the postgres user account before it would let me configure 9.x (the user account was created with 8.x)
H4ppySt1ck

Postby walter1953 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 am

alright´, it is working now with the other postgreSQL

thanks a lot :D
walter1953

Postby walter1953 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am

it works now, but the performance is very bad and i don't know why

pokertracker often freezes and crashes, needs over 1min to start and is very slowly overall. and that on my new lenovo notebook with SSD HDD

on my old desktop PC with much older postgreSQL version it runs a lot faster, so I think this has to do with this version of postgreSQL.

does anybody have the same problems?
walter1953

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 am

There are many of us running 9.0-x64 (I believe most of the development team does) so I do not expect there is a general issue with it.

Please restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder. Once we have the logs we can better figure out what is going wrong in your situation.
kraada

Postby walter1953 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

thanks for fast reply, kraada

I just did what you said and sent in the log file 1min ago :)
walter1953

Next

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]