Noose Around My Neck

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Noose Around My Neck

Postby alplackett » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello.

I was using PT3 with no problems on Windows 7. Today I upgraded to PT4. I uninstalled PT3 and postgres 8.3 and went on to install PT4. I then followed instructions about manually installing postgres but kept getting an error at the end of the install. Tried logging on as true admin and all other sorts of things but still kept getting the same error.

Sent in a support ticket including screenshot of the error and decided to reinstall PT3 until the problem with PT4 is resolved by an admin. Now when I try to install PT3 I am getting the same error as PT4. Now I cant use either version which I have paid good money for.

Can someone help me please? The error with PT4 I can live with until support get back to me but not being able to reinstall PT3 is not acceptable.

Thanks.
alplackett

Re: Noose Around My Neck

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Create a new folder on your C drive called PostgreSQL. Try installing PostgreSQL to that folder and it will likely work better. Also, if you've got 64 bit windows, use this version as it will work best for you.
kraada

Postby alplackett » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Just created a folder on my C drive as you suggested and went on to install to that folder. All went well until the end and I received an error message; Problem running post-install step.Installation may not complete correctly Error reading file C:/PostgreSQL/data/postgresql.conf

This is strange because PT3 worked fine until I tried upgrading. Losing my bankroll just lovely without my stats.

Also something I find strange is when I first installed PT3 it downloaded postgresql for me without a problem, now it is not doing that. A friend also had PT3 and this is what his used to do to.
Last edited by alplackett on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alplackett

Postby kraada » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 pm

If you look in that directory does that file exist?
kraada

Postby alplackett » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Just looked in that folder and there is not even a 'data' folder. Lots of other stuff but not that file.
alplackett

Postby kraada » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Please create a support ticket referencing this thread and requesting remote support and we will take care of getting everything properly installed for you.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]