cannot install postgreSQL

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

cannot install postgreSQL

Postby griffwhit » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I tried to update postSQL to 8.3.23 and keep getting this message half way through: Failed to run initdb:1!. Please see logfile in C:\PostgreSql\temp\initdb.log. Note! You must read/copy logfile before you click OK or it will automatically be removed. I would read/copy the logfile but I don't know what that means and can not find how to do it. I was just trying to improve the performance of the HUD and now of course I can't use poker tracker. How can I fix this. I followed the How to Uninstall/Reinstall PostgreSQL 8.3 (Windows) page exactly but this still happened. I'm using Vista 32 bit.
griffwhit

Re: cannot install postgreSQL

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 am

If while that message is up before you click OK you click Start type in C:\PostgreSql\temp\ and click on the folder when it appears in that folder will be a text file called initdb - right click and send that to a compressed file and send that to us via our support system and we'll take a look into what could be going on here for you.
kraada

Postby griffwhit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks for responding. What that file says is "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." On the postgresql website they said they knew of this problem with some windows versions and said to install around this file and install the logfile later. I couldn't figure out how to do this. On microsoft's site they said windows has trouble installing logfiles also sometimes and to quit then restart explorer.exe. I was trying to upgrade to 8.3.23 from 8.3.4 because my zoom hud was not working right and read in the guides section that that should solve the problem but I recently noticed you posted that it's a problem with the new pokerstars version and you'll have a fix for PT3 soon so maybe I didn't need to upgrade. Anyways all I wan't to do is get pokertracker and the zoom hud working again. I hope this info can help you to help me. Thanks.
griffwhit

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Click Start type Event Viewer and click on it when it appears. Expand the Windows Logs section in the left hand pane and click on Application. Made the center section wider and look for any errors (red circles with Xes) that came from PostgreSQL as a source. Click on them and tell me what you see in as the error text in the General tab below.
kraada

Postby griffwhit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I see 2 recent errors 1: MsiInstaller(same message when installation failed) Failed to run initdb:1!. Please see logfile in C:\PostgreSql\temp\initdb.log. Note! You must read/copy logfile before you click OK or it will automatically be removed. 2: SidebySide- Activation context generation failed for "C:\PostSql\bin\initbd.exe" Depedent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT, processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32".version=8.0.50727.6195 could not be found. Please use systrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
griffwhit

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Then please create that support ticket with the log file attached and we will work with you there to get everything correctly installed on your system.
kraada

Postby griffwhit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Does that mean to use systrace.exe. If so exactly how do I do that.
griffwhit

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 pm

kraada wrote:If while that message is up before you click OK you click Start type in C:\PostgreSql\temp\ and click on the folder when it appears in that folder will be a text file called initdb - right click and send that to a compressed file and send that to us via our support system and we'll take a look into what could be going on here for you.
kraada

Postby griffwhit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks kraada, got it solved and working fine now.
griffwhit

Postby alko1982 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 am

I bought Poker Tracker 4. PT4 was established, and PostgreSQL started being established and gives out Pokertracker a window "The PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully". I have an OS Window 7 HB. what to do?
alko1982

Next

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]