Downgrading postgre sql?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Downgrading postgre sql?

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:03 pm

You can just enter the port number as a different number on install time - 5433 will work fine. You can find the latest 8.2 version here.
kraada

Postby GreetUrDs » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

In order to install 8.2.23 I have to uninstall the older 8.2? Is it 100% safe to do as I don't want to lose my old db...? If yes, how do I move the old data-folder (if that's not removed in the uninstallation) to 8.2.23?

I have now the 8.2 but its service is not running and I cant manually start it (I deleted the service account as instructed earlier). I'd be happy just to make my old db work at least in PT3, so if someone could give me step-by-step instructions I would be grateful.
GreetUrDs

Postby GreetUrDs » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 am

Hi,

I uninstalled the 8.2 and re-installed the 8.2.23 version. However, it didn't allow me to install it on different port as initializing database cluster was not done because I had the existing data folder of same major version (8.2) still there. So, I'm halfway there, now everything seems to be fine again with PT3 and my old db.

Can I now install 9.0 for PT4 and have two different versions at same time?
GreetUrDs

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

When you reinstall 8.2 just point it at the proper data directory - it will pick it up, and the service account will be recreated on installation. If you can't figure out how to change the port on 8.2, you can just change it on 9.0 and that's fine. There's a box for it in the 9.0 installer. There are no problems having two installations running at once.
kraada

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]