PostgreSQL not working

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

PostgreSQL not working

Postby belgariad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi there

Help! I'm about to spontaneously combust!
I have been trying to sort my Pokertracker for the last 2 days with no success. It stopped working a while ago but i don't want to manage without it any longer. I am running windows vista 32bit have PT3 and PostgreSQL 8.3 but after uninstalling both and re installing as instructed on support i have had no success, all i get during the Postgre installation is it freezes at the starting services... Failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I have disabled my Norton 360 antivirus and firewall prior to installation and also using administrator settings.

Please advise, btw explain in basic form as have never sent in tickets etc.

Thank you in advance :)

When i tried to install again it worked but when trying to run Pokertracker and after i click the connect on configure PostgreSQL Server information it then comes up with a window stating Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration. :(
belgariad

Re: PostgreSQL not working

Postby kraada » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 am

Let's back up a little bit first - what happened to make you want to reinstall PostgreSQL?
kraada

Postby belgariad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Poker tracker had stopped working, the start of running it would say unable to connect to data base. I had had this problem before and after uninstalling and re installing both PT3 and Postgres it worked but this time it hadn't :(
belgariad

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am

Go to this link and explain the issue in the box there, and one of our technicians will walk you through everything you need tod o.
kraada

Postby belgariad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks did this mid day yesterday just waiting to hear... :?
belgariad

Postby belgariad » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you all very much, support helped me solve the problem i had going to upgrade to PT4 now so i can run it on microgaming tournaments. :)
belgariad

Postby Daniel Müller » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:13 pm

belgariad wrote:Thank you all very much, support helped me solve the problem i had going to upgrade to PT4 now so i can run it on microgaming tournaments. :)

i have the same problem can you please tell us that they said to solve this issue?
Daniel Müller

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 am

Please do not cross post for the same issue; we read every post.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]