Postgres will not install on Windows 8

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Postgres will not install on Windows 8

Postby kraada » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Ok, that means it is not installed. Please try following our manual installation instructions available here and they should help you get started.
kraada

Postby elgaeJ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello, I also have windows 8, and have tried the steps you explained here, but still cant get postgreSQL to install completely, getting the same error message, any idea? its a factory new PC that I got today, acer, so settings should be pretty standard apart from the fact that I did change the secondary login as you explained.
elgaeJ

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Please open a Support Ticket and describe exactly what you've done and what error messages you got/get, and someone will work with you to get things set up correctly.
WhiteRider

Postby elstano5 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 am

Hi all,

I seem to have solved my problem with Postgres Installer on Windows 8. I was having the exact same errors as everyone here and it wouldn't install properly. I tried all the versions and still no joy. What worked for me was I copied the installer file to C:\ and it ran and installed without a problem from there. Hope this helps someone out there from going through the same frustration I went through.
elstano5

Postby kraada » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for following up!
kraada

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]