Unable to install PostgreSQL on windows 7

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to install PostgreSQL on windows 7

Postby lazylarry » Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 am

Hello , I'm having difficulties installing PostgreSQL on my windows 7 64 bit after browsing online for hours trying new solutions with no luck.

I have downloaded all the versions that are currently supported and none have yet to work. I have been installing the folder in the C/postgresql folder and not in program files. My secondary logon in services is set on automatic. I have taken a screen shot of the error I am receiving after failing to install. After the failed install I am not able to see postgreSQL in my services list to try and start.

Any idea's I can try would be much appreciated.
lazylarry

Re: Unable to install PostgreSQL on windows 7

Postby kraada » Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 am

Right click the folder you've tried to install PostgreSQL in and click Properties then go to the Security tab. Is the postgres user in the list? If so make sure it has Full Control. If not, click Edit -> Add -> Advanced -> Find Now, locate the postgres user in the list, click OK twice and then give that user Full Control. Then uninstall and reinstall again and let me know if that works better for you (it should).
kraada

Postby lazylarry » Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 am

kraada wrote:Right click the folder you've tried to install PostgreSQL in and click Properties then go to the Security tab. Is the postgres user in the list? If so make sure it has Full Control. If not, click Edit -> Add -> Advanced -> Find Now, locate the postgres user in the list, click OK twice and then give that user Full Control. Then uninstall and reinstall again and let me know if that works better for you (it should).

Thank you for the quick reply. I just tried and received the same error message I posted in the original post.
lazylarry

Postby kraada » Tue May 21, 2013 2:23 pm

What anti-virus and firewall software are you running?
kraada

Postby lazylarry » Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 am

Not using any Windows Firewall (using Kaspersky firewall) and running Kaspersky internet security 2012. I closed Kaspersky and tried to install version 9.0 again with the same folder set up with full admin control and still received the error message as posted in original post
lazylarry

Postby kraada » Wed May 22, 2013 7:55 am

Then please create a support ticket requesting remote assistance and linking to this thread and we'll take care of you.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]