Postgres Restore on MAC OS X

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postgres Restore on MAC OS X

Postby ccpokerd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi All,

Long story short, my macbook died and I bought a new one.

In attempt to keep all of my settings and, more importantly, data, here's what I've done:
I copied the following from my time machine back up to my new HD.

/Applications/PokerTracker3/
/Applications/PostgreSQL/
/Library/PostreSQL 9/
/Users/[me]/Library/Application Support/PokerTracker3/

At first, PT3 was telling me I still needed to download and install PostgreSQL, so then I copied this:

/Users/[me]/Library/Preferences/com.pokertracker.pokertracker3.plist

Now I'm getting this: Image

On the next page, it says the DB is there, but the PostgreSQL version number is 0.0.0.0 and it says 'can't connect to server, not accepting connections'

So, a quick google search on how to start PostgreSQL via command line later, and still no luck I try to do it and it just says server unknown.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate it. I know worst case scenario I just uninstall PT3 and PostgreSQL, reinstall and start brand new, but I'd rather not do that.

Thanks everyone.
ccpokerd

Re: Postgres Restore on MAC OS X

Postby ccpokerd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 am

EDIT::::

I have decided to just forget about getting all the data back. So I uninstalled PT3 and PostgreSQL, decided to upgrade to PT4 and just completely start again.

Downloaded and installed PT4, upon launch it prompted me to install PostgreSQL, I did so. Rebooted my system as prompted and now the following happens:

When I click 'Create' to make the database I get this error:

Any ideas anyone?
ccpokerd

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 am

That's implying that PostgreSQL is not running. Did you follow our Mac Uninstall/Reinstall Guide for PostgreSQL? If not, please run through that as it may help get things fixed for you.
kraada

Postby ccpokerd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks Kraada!

I found a fix, I downloaded Postgres.app which almost worked, except I couldn't get the user right. Eventually downloaded postgreSQL 9.2 from enterpriseDB and it all seems to be up and running now :)

:D
ccpokerd

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 am

Please note that PostgreSQL 9.2 is not supported and may result in corruption in your database. We recommend using PostgreSQL 9.0 instead.
WhiteRider

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]