PostgreSQL Service issues

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PostgreSQL Service issues

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:58 pm

You have a reply to your ticket - please follow up there. You can access your tickets via My Account > My Support Tickets at the top of the page.
WhiteRider

Postby sloss » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Hurrah! Excellent it finally works! I think it was due to a corruption caused by the Sirefef virus.

Thank you for your assistance.

A quick question, to access my older databases, will I need to install the older versions of postgres? They were created in the older versions. This won't complicate my currently working system will they?
sloss

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:18 am

Yes, older databases can't be read by newer versions of PostgreSQL (e.g. an 8.3 database can't be read by 9.0) unless you make a backup in 8.3 and restore in 9.0.

Installing another version of PostgreSQL shouldn't cause any problems, although I'd suggest using to a different port number (e.g. 5483 for 8.3). If you use the same port number again then you will have to be very careful to stop one service before you start the other.
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]