can't get postgreSQL working on new computer

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

can't get postgreSQL working on new computer

Postby AcerRacer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi. I have been reading these forums and trying various things to get my PokerTracker working on my new computer for 4 hours now and I keep running into dead ends. I've read lots of ideas here and nothing has worked. I've uninstalled/installed multiple versions of postgreSQL.

during the Setup, Installing, I get a Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly The database cluster initialisation Failed. so i mash "ok", and it finishes. "Setup has finished installing PostgreSQL on your computer." WOO HOO! so i mash "Finish", and it disappears.

next, i open PT4. box pops up telling me to "Configure PostgreSQL Database" Name: PokerTracker 4 Database. Database: PT4 DB. Server: localhost. User: postgres Port: 5432 Password: all dotted out. mash "Create" Error: "unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT4 DB Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10060) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

tried couple different passwords there (dbpass, which used in installing, also postgrespass) and same error.

tried uninstalling/reinstalling postgreSQL. tried different versions.

anyone have some help? im sorry that im not very tech savvy. please bear with me. thanks so much! :)

i would like to add that i have also done CTRL/ALT/DEL and gone to Task Manager and did not see postgreSQL running in any of the processes, apps or services. so, i don't know why it seems not to be installing and running/working. thanks again.
AcerRacer

Re: can't get postgreSQL working on new computer

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:39 am

Please follow the guide here to fully uninstall PostgreSQL and then install it again.
If you have Windows 8 create a new folder like C:\PostgreSQL and install to that instead of the default path.
If you still can't get it to install after that please open a Support Ticket and one of our support techs will work with you directly to get things sorted.
WhiteRider

Re: can't get postgreSQL working on new computer

Postby AcerRacer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 am

thank you. i tried my best to work through the linked guide several times. i created a support ticket this morning. thanks again!
AcerRacer

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]