Postgre error need help

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Postgre error need help

Postby Miido666 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:17 am

kraada wrote:PostgreSQL 9.3 is not supported and will not work. Your best bet is to get the latest 9.0 (and if you have a 64 bit machine, the 64 bit version).

Now i tried everything, but nothing helped. Thanks kraada for helping! If i get solution somewhere else, i post here.
Miido666

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 am

If you create a support ticket one of our technicians will work with you step by step until everything is working properly.
kraada

Postby Miido666 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:44 am

kraada wrote:If you create a support ticket one of our technicians will work with you step by step until everything is working properly.

Yup, im waiting answers from them.
Miido666

Postby Miido666 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:14 pm

FINALLY!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Solution is here:
Hi -

Thanks, do you have a space or unusual character in your Windows username?

If you do then stop here, skip the following steps and let me know.

Otherwise to manually install PostgreSQL:

1. Reboot.

2. Check that your Windows "Secondary Login" service is running. You can check/manually start it by clicking "Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services".

Find "Secondary Logon" in the list, double-click it and make sure that it's set to "Automatic" startup type. Also, press "Start" to manually start the service if needed.

3. Uninstall "PostgreSQL" from "Control Panel -> Programs and Features" if it's there.

Click "Start -> All Programs -> Accessories", right-mouse-button on "Command Prompt", select "Run as administrator" and copy/paste this in the window (then press the "enter" key):

net user postgres /delete

This could fail but should be ok.

4. With "Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer" check both of these locations for a "PostgreSQL" folder and rename it to "PostgreSQL_ORIG" if found:

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files (x86)

If you don't find a "PostgreSQL" folder that may be ok.

5. Download this PostgreSQL installer: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8 ... 3.23-1.zip

You'll need a free compression program like "winzip" or "winrar" if you're unable to double-click what you downloaded and it won't open.

6. Once you can open the file, extract the contents somewhere such as your desktop. Double-click the "SETUP.bat" file. Make sure to not try to run that file from within the decompression tool.

At the start you should see a "Write detailed..." at the bottom, put a check mark in that.

Choose your language and click "Start", "Next", "Next", "Next" until you reach "Service Configuration" window.

In each password box type "svcPASS83" (no quotes) and click "Next".

Answer "Yes" to "create account?"

Answer "No" to "replace it with a random password?"

In the next window type "dbpass" (no quotes) in both password boxes.

Click "Next" and "Next" and wait for it to finish.

Near the end of the PostgreSQL install remove the check mark from the "Stackbuilder" option and click "Finish".

This next step (#7) has two parts, one if the PostgreSQL install finished (#7A) and one if it didn't (#7B) - you should only need to do one of them depending on which happened:

7A) If the PostgreSQL install finished click "All Programs -> PokerTracker 4 -> PokerTracker 4 (Logging Enabled)" and use these settings in the "Configure PostgreSQL" window:

server localhost
port 5432
user postgres
password dbpass
Miido666

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm glad to hear you got everything working!
kraada

Postby ZooLmt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:48 am

Hie! In the last few days, I had the same problem with postgresql, it didnt connect to the database. With the troubleguide i found in this site, I deleted the folders, and postgresql. I installed 8.4.X version it was recommended - for PT3 - but i went with that option. After installing the program, i had a database that was shown N/A inaviable database. I managed to create a new, but i need my old databese too. Now I cant see my previous hand, torunaments, nothing, just the new ones. Can you help me to restore my database? PS. I tried exporting hand from the handhistory folders, nothing, I tried restore, but I dont have any ZIP files in handhistory folders. I appeciate your help!
ZooLmt

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 am

If you deleted your PostgreSQL folders, there is no longer an old database to get back. Once you delete that folder you've eliminated the database itself; the N/A listing in PokerTracker's Database Management window is just that PT remembers there was a database with that name, but it no longer exists. You will need to create a new database and reimport your hand histories from their original files.
kraada

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]