PostgreSQL error connection error - configuration check !

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PostgreSQL error connection error - configuration check

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Your configuration file (postgres.conf) was deleted or quarantined. Check your anti-virus and recycle bin -- if you can restore it, that might be all you need to do. If not, you'll need to reinstall PostgreSQL to the same directory. You can find our 9.0 reinstallation instructions here.
kraada

Postby Ridation » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 am

Thank you kraada ,

It is working now , importing hands right now .

kind regards .
Ridation

Postby LucasGrijander » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:56 pm

hello
I am having the same problem described here.

I had previously PT3 and postgresql 8.3

I have not been playing poker for 2 years so I removed Postgre from my PC
Now I want to go back to use PT3. I have followed step by step all the advices given here, including manually install and uninstall both versions 8.3 and 8.4 of Postgresql. No success so far.
The error message I got everytime I try to start PT3 is the same: unable to connect to data base. Check the configuration

For some reason, the PT3 software is detecting a previous version of Postgresql in my computer, so it skips directly to the configuration window without automatically installing the bloody Postgresql.

Any advice/help?
Thanks
LucasGrijander

Postby LucasGrijander » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:52 am

Well I managed to solve the problem by myself.

Although I had uninstalled the old Postgresql, still there was some traces of that program in my computer such as registry or library files shared with other programs
Searching in Google I found a tool named Perfect Uninstaller that totally removed all those traces
Now Poker Tracker it is running from the beginning and installing the new Postgresql properly.
LucasGrijander

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:40 am

That's good to hear; thanks for letting us know - PostgreSQL does need to be fully uninstalled before it can be reinstalled properly.
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]