PostgreSQL 9.3 - Database HUGE

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

PostgreSQL 9.3 - Database HUGE

Postby TurboGalo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 am

Hi,
I updated my PostgreSQL to the latest 9.3 version. I created a new database and manually imported hands from 9 days of datamining (HHDealer).
In the middle of the manual import (about 1.2M Hands), the velocity basically stops. When a look at the size of the data folder on the Postgresql folder it is about 200GB!!!!
My computer is a Dell Studio 1747, 4GB ram, 450GB HD, Core i7. I just bought another 4Gb Ram, and a 120 SSD drive, but before I upgrade it, I want to fix this (because of the size of the SSD).
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry I`m very noob on programimg or even with the software operations.

Thanks!
TurboGalo

Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 - Database HUGE

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:01 am

PostgreSQL 9.3 is not supported for PokerTracker as it has known problems. You will need to uninstall 9.3 and install our recommended version, which is 9.0.
Our rough estimate of disk space is about 1GB per 100k hands, but we can only support official site hand histories.
WhiteRider

Postby Thefisherman90 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:27 am

Where do I download PostgreSQL 9.0? On PostgreSQL, it re-directs me to Enterprise EDB. Is that where you are supposed to download it?
Thefisherman90

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:41 am

Yes, that's correct. That said, we're expecting to be able to officially support PostgreSQL 9.1 through 9.3 in the next version of PT4, and as long as you're using v4.10.9 and the latest version of PostgreSQL 9.3 (9.3.4) it should be OK. If you need to update either I'd suggest that you rebuild the cache via Database > Database Management to make sure that PT4's database is fully updated.

Please bear in mind that purchasing hand histories is against almost every site's terms and conditions and can result in you forfeiting your poker site account. While we do not prohibit you from purchasing hand histories for use within PokerTracker, we do not modify our software in any way to support this type of activity.
WhiteRider

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]