Reason: Unable to login to database (PT4DB). Reason: could n

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Reason: Unable to login to database (PT4DB). Reason: could n

Postby shynepo3 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 pm

ok, so i downloaded the trial. everything was working fine until i restarted my pc. now it won't connect. after going thru a day of reading other ppl's posts, trying different solutions, etc, i gave up. i reinstalled everything, including full tilt and poker stars, and it worked fine again.

now i restarted the pc, same thing. i love how this works but i hate that i'm running into the same issue over and over. i get the error message:

Unable to connect to PostreSQL database: PT4 DB
Reason: Unable to login to database (PT4DB). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I believe i have installed postgres 8.4, added it to my firewall, opened port 5432 on my router. Not sure what else to do other than go thru the whole reinstallation - lost my handhistories last time i reinstalled. please help.

Windows 7
Avant antivirus (tried disabling, no go)
Windows firewall (tried diabling, no go).
shynepo3

Re: Reason: Unable to login to database (PT4DB). Reason: cou

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 13, 2014 3:09 am

Please do not cross-post - we read every post.
WhiteRider

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]