PostgreSQL 8.3.23

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

PostgreSQL 8.3.23

Postby windzor26 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 pm

I have a database from Pokertracker 3 that I would like to convert to Pokertracker 4

The database if from PostgreSQL 8.3.
1. I ran "services.msc". I turned PostgreSQL 8.3 to "automatic" and tried to start it, but got "error 1069 unable to logon".
2. I then uninstalled PostgreSQL 8.3 and tried to re-install the latest version from www.postgresql.org
3. I was unable to successfully install "Installer version Version 8.3.23 (No longer supported)" for windows
During the setup wizard i got stuck on the "setup" window on the "data directory" step.
4. The "error" window reads: The existing data directory (date/time setting: floating point numbers) is not compatible with this server (date/time setting: 64-bit integers).
5. As it stands, PostgreSQL 8.3 is NOT installed or running on my machine
I am running windows 7 32-bit with UAC off and no firewall problems.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how i could go about recovering this database?
windzor26

Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.23

Postby kraada » Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm

It sounds like you used the EnterpriseDB installer when attempting to reinstall and not the PostgreSQL zip installer -- EnterpriseDB compiles PostgreSQL with a few different flags so the data directories are not compatible.

Download and unzip this installer and then run it (the postgresql one not postgresql-int) and that should install properly for you.
kraada

Postby windzor26 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:36 pm

1. When i tried to install PostgreSQL-8.3, i got stuck at "initialize database cluster"
2. the problem is "data directory error" - The specified data directory is not empty"

A. I am an administrator
B. I was successful at "At the Windows command prompt type: net user postgres /delete The command completed successfully."

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you
windzor26

Postby kraada » Wed May 28, 2014 4:02 pm

You should untick "Initialize Database Cluster" and point it at your existing data folder -- it doesn't need to be reinitialized (and that's why it's failing).
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]