Do I have any chance to add new columns to database tabels?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Do I have any chance to add new columns to database tabels?

Postby kurrah_fi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:44 am

Hi, I would like to ask can i add new columns to postgres tables? For example: I 'd like to add a some new columns to lookup_hole_cards table and later I wish to use it in my own stats. Exactlier, I have added them, but I got error message when I wanted to use it "Column is not cachable". I made something wrong?
kurrah_fi

Re: Do I have any chance to add new columns to database tabe

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:25 am

Adding your own columns to PokerTracker database tables is not supported or recommended, and should only be attempted if you know what you are doing. We will not be able to help you if you have problems in an altered database.

That said, I believe that some users have made this kind of change - you should make a Backup of your database before you attempt any changes, though, and be prepared to re-import to a new database if you have any problems.
WhiteRider

Postby kurrah_fi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:43 am

Thank You! It's clear. Do you have any plan to create possibilities in this way in the future? The problem is odds of hands is missing from database columns . For example: AA Heads up odds: 84.xx% vs. any random hand. Many database exists which contain data like that. I think you have also one. It would be great help for beginer user. The Sklansky ranking is not quite understandable all beginer players .
kurrah_fi

Postby kraada » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:07 am

I don't know of plans to add any features like that. We've already added the Equity Calculator for PT4 and you can see your equity in the replayer and the hand history viewer which seem to be the most relevant locations.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]