Hole card lookup values

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hole card lookup values

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 am

Your column expressions look good, but your stat expression uses a different 'opportunities' column - is that what you intended?
WhiteRider

Postby jscobie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Just a typo lol, i meant

(cnt_call_3bet_show_32o / cnt_call_3bet_known) * 100
jscobie

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:43 am

That's what I figured - looks good. :)
WhiteRider

Postby theshark » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Poker Tracker software would be great if the support and documentation was better. I spent countless of hrs trying to do a few basic things. I even posted a how-to of another way to retrieve the card values.

1st
If I was paying your paycheck WriteRider you be fired as of now. I left out the word “sum” in the beginning of the code. If I feel embraced I could only imagine how you feel right now since you’re the moderator of the message group. :lol:

2nd
I had a support ticket and they were to lazy to look up the original message. To me this is a red flag so I requested a refund and they put up a fight. Mike the other mike [PokerTracker Support]

I then said you can deal with my credit card company and Derek APerfect10 [PokerTracker Support] said he will credit my credit card.

I'm looking at Hold'em manager and it looks like it does more then Poker tracker and much easier to use. I don't know how well the documentation or support. i would list other negative things about poker tracker itself but I'm not getting paid for my time.
theshark

Postby BoiledFrog » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 am

WhiteRider wrote:You can convert the numbers into human readable strings using the lookup_from_id Function.
e.g.
lookup_from_id( id_holecard, 'cardpair' ) - e.g. "AA", "KQs", "62o". (note the single quotes round 'cardpair')
lookup_from_id( id_holecard1, 'card' ) - e.g. "As", "Td", "5c".
Also,
lookup_from_id( id_holecard1, 'card_rank' ) - returns a numeric value of the card strength. A=14, K=13, ... 2=2

I assume that these lookup_from_id() functions are only available from inside PT3 and not directly from the Postgres database. Correct?
BoiledFrog

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:01 pm

The function is only in PT3 but there are complete lookup tables in the database that you can reference if you need.
kraada

Postby BoiledFrog » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I don't see a lookup table for 'card_rank'.
BoiledFrog

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Hm so there isn't. You can find that value by using modulo on the card value:

(card - 1) % 13 = rank with aces as high (though using this method you get 0 to 12 not 2 to 14 - you can add two if you really like that method of counting)
kraada

Postby theshark » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

BoiledFrog if you look at my notes under this topic their is a easy way to pull them up. i left this software because of bad information from the moderator.

Also looking up the card ranks you need to use the default password. once you copy and past it into like excell or something you can write your own script with autohotkey makes scripts might save you time.

tell you the truth i get my money back and go someplace else.
theshark

Postby PartyAnimal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 am

lv8pv wrote:Anyone actually made a tab like this for us to import ? (preferable for tournaments)
Did anybody ever get the hand range popups to work for tournaments?

kraada wrote:just make sure that your computer is well above our minimum specifications, because it really does make everything work a lot harder.
Is a two-year old laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM and 7200RPM hard drive still good enough, or will I need the latest desktop PC with SSD, etc.
PartyAnimal

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]