Hole card lookup values

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hole card lookup values

Postby theshark » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 am

I registered poker tracker 3 because of the flexibility and power. I think this software can be the leader in the industry. It’s simple to work with the pre made statistics for the HUD. The documentation for PT3 is horrible and the tech support might be questionable.
Here is an example of the poor documentation.
“Creating hand range pop-ups” at viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11188

“Now we can start building. We can build cnt_limp_show_aa: sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1, 1, 0]) then cnt_limp_show_aks: sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 2, 1, 0]) and so on.”
It doesn’t tell you need to make columns in the directions.

Name: “cnt_limp_show_aa”
Expression: ( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1, 1, 0])

“We need to know the value of the hole cards. The details on these values can be found in this post.” viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11876#p55492

As I read this it sounds logical but I was unable to get the card values. I spent some time trying to get the values of the cards but instead found another way as follows:

Open Pgadmin III clicked on “servers -> postgresql 9.0 -> databases -> PT3 DB -> schemas -> public -> tables” Click on Lookup_hole_cards Then right click -> view data -> view all rows

I made 20 different columns. Most of the A? suited or unsuited. So now I have to build the Statistics.
Name: statistics: AA
Value expression: (cnt_limp_show_AA / cnt_limp_known) * 100
Do I need to format this information?

After putting this together the Statistic pop-up stop working. I think some code is wrong to stop the pop-up display.
I posted another document about the new existing stats because of some reports of some statistics not showing up that was detailed information just in case there was a bug.

Would love to get the pop up too to find out were my code is wrong.
theshark

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:16 am

Did you rebuild the cache using Database > Housekeeping after adding your new stats? If you have a large database then a lot of new stats could cause delays in populating the HUD stats because the new stats are not cached automatically.

If you still have problems after updating your cache you can export and attach one of your new stats to a Support ticket so that we can check it out.
WhiteRider

Postby theshark » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 am

What do you consider a large database? (how do I find out how many records I have?)
For housekeeping I have checked
Vacuum, analyze, and Update cache

Under “holdem cash player statistics”
Tab: Definition
Name: statistics AA
Value expression: (cnt_limp_show_AA / cnt_limp_known) * 100

Tab: format
Title: AA
Format expression: blank
Format summary expression: blank

Shouldn’t there be formatting statements?

Would I have better performance if the database was on a Linux file server?
theshark

Postby kraada » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 am

If you're not into the millions of hands, your database is not large.

You probably want to use the format expression: /%.2f for that (which is shorthand for a number with two decimals).

How would the Linux server be connected to your main computer?
kraada

Postby theshark » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 am

I should have never bought a copy of this software! The documentation is worthless and support NO COMMIT. I was hopping to learn the software! can i get my money back? I think most of the bugs are from poor support and extremely poor documents. The software is worthless with poor documentation!
theshark

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 am

We're doing our best to help you - I'm sorry you do not feel we meet up to your expectations. You can find our refund policy here.
kraada

Postby theshark » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

What makes me so disappointed in the software is the support. I have worked on PC for over 20 years and outlining and describing the behavior of the problem. I was hopping that you would have taken my notes and compare what you have in documentation to help others out.
It’s clear what I post isn’t important. I had to ask what do you consider as a large database since I’m a DBA. Their isn’t no maybe’s in computers it’s on or off. Yes or No. 1 and 0’s.
I worked on this for over a week and it’s still not right. I like to understand what is going on.
theshark

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm

And I gave you an answer - if your database is not in the millions of hands range it's not what we consider large. The reason I asked was that network latency matters a lot when it comes to having a remote server that uses our application. If you're looking at databases that are only a few hundred thousand hands the trouble isn't going to be worth the effort. As a DBA you certainly understand that database tuning is a very complex issue - you didn't give me any details of your hardware or usage profile so it makes it difficult for me to give a more detailed assessment of the proper course of action to take for you.

I do believe I sent you the stats directly that you are using - they do work properly for me. Just to be clear - your issue is that you want to see more precision in the decimal places? And you have tried changing the Decimals option as shown in the screenshot in this post and it makes no change? I would very much like to help you get everything working but you need to give me some information so that I can understand your situation more fully.
kraada

Postby theshark » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:07 am

THE LINK DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD! THIS IS HORRIBLE! I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK OR AM I SOL? SHIT OUT OF LUCK? ALL THE FUCKING TIME I TRIED TO DO CODING. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!
theshark

Postby jscobie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:52 am

Hi,

Im making a new table for calling preflop 3 bets. Just wondering if you think this code looks correct before I do hundreds of them lol?

Columnns

cnt_call_3bet_show_22 = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 169, 1, 0])

cnt_call_3bet_known = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='C' AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard > 0, 1, 0])

Stat

Call PF3B / Show 22 = (cnt_Call_3bet_show_22 / cnt_call_pfr_nolimp_known) * 100
jscobie

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]