New Flop CBet Stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New Flop CBet Stat

Postby pr1mo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm

thank you again kraada for your very detailed reply, i think you are probably correct, i will look at a few more specific players that i have a large db on and i will see how often the attempts to steal happen and how often blind defenses happen and see if i can get a better picture that way to confirm that this stat is working.
pr1mo

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 pm

You're welcome. I find thinking about stats interesting :)

One way to test is to filter for hands that you think should be counted and see if they are, and look at all hands that are counted and make sure they should be. I'd guess if we're wrong in this case we're missing hands we shouldn't' be (though I'm not sure why we would be), so I'd try and filter for things like facing cbet on a player with a lot of hands and see what hands you get and which ones are counted.

Good luck, and keep me posted.
kraada

Postby pr1mo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm

kraada wrote:One way to test is to filter for hands that you think should be counted and see if they are, and look at all hands that are counted and make sure they should be.

this is a great idea, not sure why i didn't think about this, i hardly ever use the filter hands option, definitely will let you know, thanks again
pr1mo

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 pm

There's a lot of filters in the list (including some recent additions), so I'd recommend looking at them in general on occasion as they can be really useful for analyzing your game in general, not just figuring out whether specific stats work :)
kraada

Postby pr1mo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 pm

lol well i guess it's a good thing that my game has been so good that i havent needed to re-analyze situations where i need improvement :) haha :mrgreen: thanks again for the tip, i'll definitely have a look at how these stats apply to myself in certain situations as well as some others
pr1mo

Postby pr1mo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 am

did some testing and looks like it's working good. one thing i also added that we kind of missed was that it was heads up so i added in players = 2 for a little bit more detail :)

thanks for your help kraada, looking forward to putting this into play in my HUD!
pr1mo

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Glad to hear it; enjoy the stat :)
kraada

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]