id_x_hand_strength

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: id_x_hand_strength

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:55 pm

That's actually what the description of the filters reads - if you use the Made Hands - Full House - Board Trips - Bottom Pair filter and Top Pair filter do those work the way you would expect them to? If so, the quoted text is correct.
kraada

Postby pasita » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:09 am

kraada wrote:That's actually what the description of the filters reads - if you use the Made Hands - Full House - Board Trips - Bottom Pair filter and Top Pair filter do those work the way you would expect them to? If so, the quoted text is correct.

I suppose there's no chance of getting the hand strengths (within each group) to actually be in order of strength at some point?
pasita

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 am

I doubt that is going to change anytime soon - for the vast majority of our users, that value is a non-issue, and changing it would require changing every PT3 database for every hand in question.
kraada

Postby preparac » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 am

It is a non-issue for ALL PT3 useres only BECAUSE this features doesn't work appropriate. I personally would love being able to use it ...
preparac

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:33 am

preparac,

I respectfully disagree. For most users if they want to see the times they have a specific value of full house, they'll go into the filter and filter for it - which is labeled appropriately. They will choose what they want to see and they will see it. How does it matter to that user if the underlying database value is 5 or 6?
kraada

Postby LeeRain » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I've been fooling around with this variable and have come across a couple of discrepancies with your table.

44 on Q95 has a value of 0 instead of a 4 in id_f_hand_strength.
33 on J42 has a value of 4 instead of a 5 in id_f_hand_strength.

Christian H
LeeRain

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 am

Please attach the original hand histories in question to a support ticket so that we can investigate further and rectify these problems.
kraada

Postby Essentiae » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:30 am

kraada wrote:Within Two Pair:
0 - Board Double Paired (Note: only valid for turn and river)
1 - Board Paired, low pair (34 on a KK378 board)
2 - Board Paired, middle pair (QJ on a AT8JT board)
3 - Board Paired, top pair (KQ on a JTTQ8 board)
4 - Pocket Pair, low pair (88 on a 6TTJ3 board)
5 - Pocket Pair, middle pair (JJ on an A7633 board)
6 - Pocket Pair, overpair
7 - Low two pair (78 on a K78T3 board)
8 - Top and middle pair (K7 on a K78T3 board)
9 - Top two pair (KT on a K78T3 board)

Has anyone else noticed that within two pair, strength 0 and 1 don't work for the turn and the river?
For strength 1 (board paired, low pair), for the river it returns the hand only if it's the board pair and one of your hole cards makes a pair with the 3rd ranked card on the board (but not with the 4th), and for the turn it returns nothing at all.

With strength 0 (board double paired), it doesn't work at all for either the turn or the river.

Is this just me or are others noticing this as well?

Mary
Essentiae

Postby kraada » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Please create a support request, and if you can attach a couple of hands that show the problems you are experiencing that would help significantly.
kraada

Postby Essentiae » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 am

Hi Kraada,

I've been looking through the hand strengths and have noticed a few more quirky things. Should I create a ticket for each or a single ticket with the list?

For some of them, I can pretty clearly envision what the test is that PT is using to determine the strength and why it's also including (or excluding) faulty results. Would it be helpful if I make notes of that as well or is that of little use since it's just guesses on my part about what's going on behind the scenes?

Thanks,
Mary
Essentiae

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]