Looking up handrank on river

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Looking up handrank on river

Postby bloodndef » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Will do today and tomorrow and keep you posted. Thanks again for your help!
bloodndef

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the results!
kraada

Postby el_hombre » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Great stat, i did not testet it right now but i just have build it for my own. An interesting addon would be a stat wich takes account for cases the player got bluff induced. Iam talking about situations in wich the player is in position to another player but not taking the initiative on the turn (the other player bets/rases and he just calls).
This would be interisting when deciding on the river whether a value bet or a check/call or check/raise for bluff induce is the best play.
el_hombre

Postby kraada » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:19 am

Indeed, that would be interesting as well.
kraada

Postby preparac » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 am

Hm, I want ot be sure that I get some thigs right

1) First you tell the strenght groups are listed "from weakest to strongest". But why a underpair-pocket pair would be stronger than Top Pair (same argument for two-pair hands on paired boards and for full-houses on paired and triped boards (with triped boards anyway the logic seems to be inverted an pocket pairs rank lower than top pair, and top pair lower than bottom pair ??)

2) what you found out about this:

I've been fooling around with this variable and have come across a couple of discrepancies with your table.
44 on Q95 has a value of 0 instead of a 4 in id_f_hand_strength.
33 on J42 has a value of 4 instead of a 5 in id_f_hand_strength.

?

3) Do I assume right: There is no easy way to differenciate between bluffs and semi-bluffs like NFD or OESD on flop and turn?

Thanx alot
preparac

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 am

There are some incorrect hand strength values in the database. If you have hands which demostrate a particular problem with this please detail them in a support ticket with the hand history in question and we'll pass them on to the development team to help them catch all cases when this is fixed.
Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report

The hand strength values only record made hands, not draws.
There must be a way to check for draws but I suspect it is pretty long-winded (like specifying combinations of each board and hole card). Kraada will probably be able to help you further with this as he's done more in-depth work with filters than I have, but he's not here today.
WhiteRider

Postby preparac » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 am

Ok I wait on Kraada then, to heare his opinion.
My quote refers to an old support ticket of another user in this thread, and I just wonder if you found out something about his questions and if ther is now an updated hand_strength list...
preparac

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:04 am

In the holdem_hand_player_combinations table there are various flags for draws: flg_f_gutshot_draw, flg_f_straight_draw (which is an open-ender), flg_f_2gutshot_draw (double gutter), flg_f_flush_draw, flg_f_bflush_draw (backdoor) and flg_f_bstraight_draw. You can use these like any other flags in stats. Those are all of the flop varieties, those draws which are still valid on the turn have _t_ verions, and for obvious reasons there are no draw flags on the river.
kraada

Postby preparac » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks Kraada
for answering question 3)
Question 1) and 2): bump.
preparac

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am

Re: (1):
kraada wrote:within a given group, a higher hand strength value is mostly but not always strictly better than a lower hand strength value

I didn't design this portion of the database, so I can only report how it works not explain why it was built that way.

Re: (2): Please attach a couple of hands that don't import as expected to a support ticket so that we can investigate further.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]