filtering versus player type

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: filtering versus player type

Postby Stally » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 pm

that's brilliant, a very helpful response :-D being busy myself at the moment, i'm not currently able to put together my reports, but after reading through this i'm sure it will work just as i want it to when i do get around to it. the simple filters problem doesn't sound like too much of an issue, from what i remember about my reports.

thanks very much!
Stally

Postby kraada » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 pm

You're very welcome, good luck and if you have any further problems, you know how to find me :)
kraada

Postby denutza » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 am

When I recoded your sample code to the Omaha Stats Section, it wasnt working...
I finally figure out the problem is with the SQL part: player.val_icon = X

When I set x, it actually references the Holdem auto-rated players instead of the Omaha auto-rated players.

Is this a bug, or is there an alternative statement I should be using for Omaha?
denutza

Postby denutza » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:13 am

Nevermind, think i got it!

have to use player.val_icon_omaha
denutza

Postby Stally » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am

Hello again,

As far as I know, while it can be filtered in a report, it's impossible to create a HUD stat that would tell you how often a player 3bet from the big blind vs a button steal, when versus a specific player (i.e. oneself).

Are there any alternatives to create this in a HUD stat?

Such as

Versus a player icon type
In a hand containing a note (perhaps a specific note?)
Or any other means of "marking a hand" somehow?
I know one alternative is to use a specific raise size and filter for that, but I'd like to come up with a better method.

And if the note example were possible, is there any way of automating note adding to hands where a player is preflop raiser? (Even if it is a bit "techy"?) :-)

Thanks for any response.
Stally

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:41 am

That's not possible at this point in time, but features like this have been requested in the past and I'll reiterate them to the development team for you.
kraada

Postby Stally » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49 pm

hey me again :-)

i left a message on the pt4 thread on 2+2 but it got overlooked, i think.

will these features be in pt4? for example, a hud stat to show a defend % from BB vs player_icon=X from BTN (to use the pt3 term, if that would still be the case i have no idea). or vs hero, or perhaps anything else that can differentiate when actions are taken vs different player(s)/types of players.

that leads me to ask - will old HUDs and stats be transferrable?

thank you
Stally

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 pm

I do not anticipate that kind of option in PT4. Data like that would take a very long time to converge, and could be misleading as you don't know whether a player is reacting to the player type or just using their position (or anything at all).

HUDs and stats from PT3 will be transferable in most cases - some more obscure custom stats (and therefore HUDs containing them) may need to be converted by hand, but most should import OK.
WhiteRider

Postby gazavat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:22 am

Would this work for PT4? I have trouble finding the player.val_icon?
gazavat

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am

Autorate has been removed in PT4. We have plans for other functionality which will be more powerful and flexible but I don't know exactly when that functionality will be available.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]