adjust limit tab

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

adjust limit tab

Postby Learning Curved » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 pm

I have just switched over to PT3 from HM, and am pretty experienced with this stuff but will have to ask some noob questions, so I thank you in advance :)

Here are the questions I need answered please

1. Could someone please briefly explain the "adjust limit" tab? or please point me to the guide on that section?

2.Also, how does PT3 calculate where a hand is played? For instance, if I play a 9handed table but only 5 players are playing that table, would that hand go into a 6max category or 9max?

3.I have imported a ton of my hands, and I have about 12 different games in the "general tab". Example such as $50 NL (6 max).... $50 Ante $10 NL and so forth. I would like to combined all $50nl hands into one group, regardless of antes. How can I do this?

Thanks!
Learning Curved

Re: adjust limit tab

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:53 pm

(1) The Adjust Limit section changes the limit listed for a session in case it is flagged wrong. So you could change a session from $1NL to $1NL (6 max) or $1NL RUSH.

(2) It depends on the site; some sites include (6 max) in their hand histories and we should be accounting for that if it's there. Otherwise, if you have Adjust Qualifying Table Limits checked on the Auto Import -> Preferences tab, PT3 will try to figure it out on its own as best it can (if there are 7 players clearly it's full ring, for example).

(3) You can use the Adjust Limits section for that if you would like, another option though is just to filter to the $50NL limits if you want to see their stats combined and look at the summary line. If you use the Adjust Limits to change the sessions to be the same (turning ante sessions into non-ante sessions), your future sessions will still come labeled automatically as appropriate, so you'd need to keep changing them over time.
kraada

Postby Chappie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I could use a little primer on how to use the 'adjust limits' function myself. I'm scared I'm going to screw up my whole db. Does it only change the ones you highlight? Would be nice to be able to filter these. It seems like it worked that way in PT2, if I recall. I just have some random rush hands that won't import as rush hands. I tried export/purge/import, but no luck.
Chappie

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 am

Chappie wrote:I could use a little primer on how to use the 'adjust limits' function myself. I'm scared I'm going to screw up my whole db. Does it only change the ones you highlight? Would be nice to be able to filter these. It seems like it worked that way in PT2, if I recall. I just have some random rush hands that won't import as rush hands. I tried export/purge/import, but no luck.

Yes, it will only change the highlighted sessions.
WhiteRider

Postby Tract0rDan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi, I just upgraded from 30.5 to 30.7 and noticed this new feature and I have a couple of questions...

1. On my 'General' tab, it displays the limits correctly, but in the 'Sessions' tab it displays them wrong (10NL appears as 25NL). Will adjusting the limits to make 'Sessions' display correctly screw up the other tab?

2. If I successfully asjust limits and then export and re-import to my second PC (to keep the two machines DBs in sync), will they import correctly into the second machine or appear as the incorrect limit, or as duplicates? I do;t want every hand to appear twice because I adjusted limits...?

Thanks.
Tract0rDan

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

The Sessions and General tab should be displaying the same data so far as I'm aware - can you take some screenshots of this discrepancy and attach them to a support ticket?

Adjusting the limits won't change the hand history as saved on your computer so you'd need to readjust any limits that import improperly on the other machine - but if you attach the hands as well to the support ticket we'll look into what could be going wrong with that limit for you.
kraada

Postby Tract0rDan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:32 am

I've just submitted on with screenshots, thanks.
Tract0rDan

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]