Aggressor

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Aggressor

Postby ShyPh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:57 am

In a custom stat how would I identify the aggressor -the person that put in the last bet- on any street, eg the preflop, flop and turn aggressor.
The float / donk stats are similar to some of the stats I'd like to define, however, I'm a correct in saying that the Flop donk / Flop float are stats where there has only be one raise preflop eg Co raises first in, BB calls, BB bets the flop, would be a flop donk but: Co raises first in, bb 3bets and co 4bets, BB bets the flop would not be a flop donk.
ShyPh

Re: Aggressor

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:40 am

"holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos" holds the position of the last player other than the active player to make an aggressive action preflop. For the flop, change _p_ to _f_, for turn use _t_, and for river _r_.

"Other than the active player" means that if you're looking at the action from the position of the last player to raise, then the raise aggressor position will not be their position.
An example:
PF: Cutoff raises, Button 3-bets, blinds fold, cutoff calls.
The last player to be agressive was the button, position 0.
If you're looking at the hand from the cutoff's point of view then the raise aggressor position is 0.
If you're looking at the hand from the button's point of view then the raise aggressor position is 1 (the cutoff was the last player to raise other than the button, which is the active player in this case).

To find out if the active player was the aggressor you can check for their last action being "R", like this:
lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R'

Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics

You're right about the donk flop stat - if you want to build a version which includes 3- and 4-bet pots you could duplicate it and remove the checks for not 3- or 4-betting.
See the tutorial for how to make a new version of a stat.
WhiteRider

Postby antiguy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Does this handle limps. I'm trying to make a stat for when a player is in BB and raises against a SB open limp. I don't know if this would count a SB limp an aggressive action. If not how would I go about this one.
antiguy

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:38 pm

A limp is not an aggressive action - calling is considered to be passive.

What you'll need to do here is, when the BB raises, check the size of his raise vs the size of the pot - since we know when the SB open limps the pot is always 2BB we can check for all the right pots. holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made is the amount the raise was made to in the currency played. holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct is the amount of the raise made as a percentage of the pot. We know we only want hands when the pot is 2BB. Thus we want:
holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_p_raise_made / holdem_hand_player_detail.val_p_raise_made_pct = 2 * holdem_limit.amt_bb

For times the BB doesn't raise we want his action to be check, and him to have absolute position on the flop (holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_has_position) - that can only happen when the SB open limps.
kraada

Postby antiguy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:59 pm

That is what i figured but I could not figure how else to do it. I never considered the pot size thing, thats very good. One thing though is if their is no SB for the hand (player sits out/leaves before posting) and then 1 player limps = 2bb pot. Thanks once again for your fast replies and help.
antiguy

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Yes, but that situation should hopefully be rare enough that we can ignore it - there is no other way we can test without seeing a flop.
kraada

Postby rakements.com » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Sry to dig up old threads but I have created such a stat. Donkx series of stats. Donkx is the "true donk" simply defined as when a player bets in to the previous streets last aggressor.
Download turn donkx stat: https://www.pokertracker.com/custom/dow ... nx.pt4stat
Or search the download warehouse for "donkx" or other stats by me: https://www.pokertracker.com/custom/stats
**You may need to be signed in to a free PT4 community account to access the community area.
rakements.com

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]