Call 3Bet IP/OOP, 3Bet BB vs Steal, 3Bet SB vs Steal

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Call 3Bet IP/OOP, 3Bet BB vs Steal, 3Bet SB vs Steal

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm

The setup you've built is for when you make a turn float bet having made a 3-bet preflop.

So here's a situation how that could happen:
A raises, you 3-bet, A 4-bets you call. A c-bets the flop, you call. A checks the turn, you make a float bet.

If you're making 3x raises preflop and 60% bets postflop we have:

raise - 3BB, 3-bet - 9BB, 4-bet - 27BB. So the pot on the flop is ~55BBs. A flop cbet is then 33bb - leaving 40bb back, and your turn bet would always be a shove.

I would not expect that chain of events to happen very often. But that's what you're picking out.
kraada

Postby parraka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 pm

kraada wrote:The setup you've built is for when you make a turn float bet having made a 3-bet preflop.

So here's a situation how that could happen:
A raises, you 3-bet, A 4-bets you call. A c-bets the flop, you call. A checks the turn, you make a float bet.
If you're making 3x raises preflop and 60% bets postflop we have:

raise - 3BB, 3-bet - 9BB, 4-bet - 27BB. So the pot on the flop is ~55BBs. A flop cbet is then 33bb - leaving 40bb back, and your turn bet would always be a shove.

I would not expect that chain of events to happen very often. But that's what you're picking out.

LOL. I dont want this. I want: A raises, me 3-bet, A calls, me cbet flop, A calls, me checks, A bets. I dont know why my stat count only the float in 4bet Pots, do you mean that? If it is, i have so many wrong stats.

Look more:

Check raise flop 3B = (cnt_p_3bet_f_check_raise / cnt_p_3bet_f_check_raise_opp) * 100

cnt_p_3bet_f_check_raise= sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check_raise AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_f_check_raise_opp = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check
AND (holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_f_raise > 0
OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_f_call > 0
OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_fold) AND

Fold to Check raise flop 3B = (cnt_p_3bet_f_face_xr_fold / cnt_p_3bet_f_face_xr) * 100

cnt_p_3bet_f_face_xr_fold = sum ( if[ lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'BF' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_face_raise AND (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_raise_aggressor_pos > holdem_hand_player_statistics.position) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0 ] )

cnt_p_3bet_f_face_xr = sum ( if[ flg_f_bet AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_face_raise
AND (holdem_hand_player_detail.val_f_raise_aggressor_pos > holdem_hand_player_statistics.position)
AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0 ] )

These stats look like that they are picking out good.
parraka

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:50 pm

There's a distinct difference between you performing an action (ie- you floated) and you facing an action (ie- he floated and you had to respond). In your stat building you seem to soemtimes get confused between the two.

The stats you pasted look good - though are you going to be playing heads up? If so the face check/raise stats won't work as you have them written. If you only play 3-handed or higher though they'll work just fine.
kraada

Postby parraka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Pfffff, if I am confused normally, with your post i get more :)
I dont know Kraada, i want to convert the stat Float Turn in Float Turn in 3B Pot, only that xdddd.
I think that Float Turn is = Player 1 raises preflop, Player 2 calls, Player 1 cbets flop, Player 2 calls, Player 1 checks turn, Player 2
bets. ¿no?
In a 3bet Pot it would be: Player 1 raises preflop, Player 2 3betpreflop, Player 1 calls 3bet, Player 2 cbets flops, Player 1 calls, Player 2 checks turn, Player 1 bet.

I am not talking about how do we face the float. Should my stat work correctly for this? If it is okey, i ll make fold to float turn in 3bet pots. I think that this last stat its the only that i dont know if it works good.
If you can help me, i will be so thanked, i am thanked now but i will be more xd, I want to finish my stats and begin to play.
parraka

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Yes, in your first example player 2 makes a float bet on the turn. But the stat you made confused the two people. You had:

parraka wrote:cnt_t_float_3B = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0])
cnt_t_float_opp_3B = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float_opp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0])

flg_t_float is true when you make that bet on the turn. flg_p_3bet is true when you make a 3-bet. But in the second example player 2 is 3-betting preflop but player 1 is making the float bet. You can't do this sort of mixing and matching.

You'd want instead to keep everything from player 1's perspective:

cnt_t_float_3B = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp, 1, 0])
cnt_t_float_opp_3B = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_float_opp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp, 1, 0])

That will get you any time a player defended against a 3-bet in some way and floated the turn. If we want specifically calls instead of testing flg_p_3bet_def_opp we can instead test that enum_p_3bet_action = 'C'. If we also only want hands in which the player made the first raise you can add flg_p_first_raise.
kraada

Postby parraka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Thx again Kaadra, with you i am making so nick stats and i am learning a lot. I think then i have another bad stats:

Look: Check/raise Flop in raised pot (non 3bet)

Check/raise Flop RP: (cnt_f_check_raise_rp / cnt_f_check_raise_opp_rp) * 100

cnt_f_check_raise_rp: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check_raise AND NOT

cnf_f_check_raise_opp_rp: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check
AND (holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_f_raise > 0
OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_t_call > 0
OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_fold) AND NOT
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_3bet, 1, 0])

Would i have to change "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_3bet" by "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" in this case? Or we want that count both, sick i am confussed.

I know what do you mean with "There's a distinct difference between you performing an action and you facing an action" but i dont know well when apply it.

More things:
Would be correct this stat:
Fold to Turn Float in 3bet POT: (cnt_p_3bet_f_float_def_action_fold / cnt_p_3bet_f_float_def_opp) * 100
cnt_p_3bet_f_float_def_action_fold = sum(if[ not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise)
and lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R'
and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_open_opp
and holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing > 0
and substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XF'
AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp, 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_f_float_def_opp: sum(if[ not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise)
and lookup_actions_p.action LIKE '%R'
and holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_open_opp
and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check
and holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing > 0
AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp, 1, 0])

If i would change "AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" for AND NOT "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" would i have the stat for non 3bet pots?
parraka

Postby parraka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Change "fs" for "ts" in the last stat, i cant edit.
parraka

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:43 pm

parraka wrote:Would i have to change "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_3bet" by "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" in this case? Or we want that count both, sick i am confussed.

Right now you have it in hands where you did not personally 3-bet preflop. If you change it to hands you don't face a 3-bet, it then would be possible for you to do the 3-betting but not face one. If you want one where you neither 3-bet nor faced a 3-bet you'd want "NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp)" - note that that doesn't say anything about 4-betting though.

parraka wrote:If i would change "AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" for AND NOT "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp" would i have the stat for non 3bet pots?

If you make that change instead of picking out hands where you did face a 3-bet you'd have only hands where you didn't face a 3-bet. But you could still have faced a 4-bet.
kraada

Postby parraka » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

All the stats are correctly working except one, Fold to Raise to cbet flop 3b POT. You made this stat, do you remember?

Fold to Raise cbet turn 3b POT = (cnt_t_cbet_or_delayed_3b_pot_fold / cnt_t_cbet_or_delayed_3b_pot_face_raise) * 100
cnt_t_cbet_or_delayed_3b_pot_fold = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) and ((holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_cbet OR (lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet)) and lookup_actions_t.action = 'BF'), 1, 0])

cnt_t_cbet_or_delayed_3b_pot_face_raise = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) and ((holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_cbet OR (lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet)) and lookup_actions_t.action LIKE 'B_%'), 1, 0])

I have tryed for my own but i cant do it for the flop, i dont understand so good lookup_actions. My stat sucks, it gives me numbers like 300 in hud and 6/2. Help me with this last one, thx again.
parraka

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 am

The flop version would be:

cnt_f_cbet_3b_pot_fold = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet and lookup_actions_f.action = 'BF', 1, 0])

cnt_f_cbet_3b_pot_face_raise = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and not(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet) and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'B_%'), 1, 0])

I've removed the "delayed" part since if the player c-bets the flop there is no delay.
We then change the _t to _f to change street in the database fields and actions used.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]