river call efficiency stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: river call efficiency stat

Postby QTip » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 pm

kraada wrote:The HCH stat is for the Hand section and HCPS is for the General section. You can use the HCPS version on the Player Statistics report on your General tab.

Unfortunately I don't have guidelines for what is a great number for these stats. However it should be clear that better efficiency is, well, better.

I'm just hopping into thinking about this, but saying a higher efficient is better doesn't seem correct to me. If I simply called only when I have a very strong hand, I'm guessing my efficiency rating would be very high. However, in the meantime I'm getting robbed because I'm folding to river bets too frequently.
QTip

Postby kraada » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 am

Yes but your calls are very efficient - you're not losing money when you call. If you want to raise instead and make more that's talking about analyzing raises not just calls ;)
kraada

Postby sluggo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

I have a question about this stat. When I filter for "called river bet" since Jan 1 it shows that I have a total loss (a lot actually - about 5 buy ins) but my river call efficiency for the same period is 1.75. How can I have a loss on river calls if the stat is "amount won on when calling river"/"amount called on river" and is greater than 1? Doesn't a RCE number > 1 indicate you are getting more money out of the pot when calling a river bet than you are putting into it?
sluggo

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

The formula is: Number of Times Player Called on the River and Won / Number of Times Player Called on the River

So with a value greater than one more often than not you are making a profitable call but since you're down in actual money it's clear that your mistakes are in large pots (where you make one call that costs you a lot of money).
kraada

Postby PumaPerez » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 am

i dont get it. how this number can be more than 1? how can we "call and win" more times than "call and win+lose+split"?

are you sure, that it is count in "times" not "amount" of money we won/lost?
PumaPerez

Postby kraada » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 am

I haven't rechecked the above stats but the PT4 version is amount of money, not number of times.
kraada

Postby PumaPerez » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

PT4:
Ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river. Money that is taken out of the pot as rake is not counted as money won.

Formula: Number of Times Player Called on the River and Won / Number of Times Player Called on the River

so first half is ok and second one needs to be fixed ;)
PumaPerez

Postby kraada » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:30 am

It would appear that way, yes.
kraada

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]