river call efficiency stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

river call efficiency stat

Postby themightyjim2k » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 am

I saw some posts on 2p2 that a poster there and Kraada were working on a PT3 version of the river call efficiency stat that HEM has. Was that stat ever created?

thanks
themightyjim2k

Re: river call efficiency stat

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:55 am

Kraada isn't around today but if he has the stat I'm sure he'll post it for you.
Otherwise if you post the links, or the details of the stat you're looking for, we'll help you build it.
WhiteRider

Postby kraada » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:45 am

I never completed that stat because I was never able to get a sufficiently detailed definition of how the statistic is calculated. If you'll tell me exactly how it's calculated, I'll be happy to build it for you though.
kraada

Postby toocrispy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

kraada wrote:I never completed that stat because I was never able to get a sufficiently detailed definition of how the statistic is calculated. If you'll tell me exactly how it's calculated, I'll be happy to build it for you though.

it is :

$ won by calling on the river/$ called on river

a river calling efficiency of 1 indicates that an opponent is breaking even on all of his river calls
toocrispy

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 am

So is that the total amount won/lost in pots where the player only called (or check/called) on the river, divided by the amount called?
..or are you purely counting the amount won on the river?

If the pot is $100 after the turn and your opponent bets $25 and you call and win, what is your "River Efficiency"?

Is the total amount bet on the river, divided by the amount you called?: 50 / 25 = 2
Or your profit in the hand divided by the amount you called (ignoring blinds as rake, and assuming only you and your opponent bet)?: 75 / 25 = 3
WhiteRider

Postby Litle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 am

River Call Efficiency
Its calculated from the total pot amount divided by call amount on the river and again only includes called or check/called hands.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/388/Stats%20Definition%20for%20Report%20TAB#answer

this is probably total win/loss
Litle

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 am

Attached are River Call Efficiency stats for Holdem Cash Player Statistics (which can be added to reports showing player stats) and Holdem Cash Hands (which can be added to reports showing individual hands).

River Call Efficiency.zip
Extract the files from the .zip, then go to Configure > Configure Stats > Statistics tab and click Import and select the extracted .pt3stat files.
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

(FWIW, the HEM stat seems to use the total amount of the pot including rake, but since you do not actually win the rake I have deducted that from the pot amount.)
WhiteRider

Postby Lith1um » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:23 am

What values are typical for bad, satisfactory, good, A+ river skillz at 6-max NL games ?

Which of these stats ment to be added at general page filters or they are only for reports section ?
Lith1um

Postby kraada » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:43 am

The HCH stat is for the Hand section and HCPS is for the General section. You can use the HCPS version on the Player Statistics report on your General tab.

Unfortunately I don't have guidelines for what is a great number for these stats. However it should be clear that better efficiency is, well, better.
kraada

Postby Lith1um » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Well, yet, as i see - this stat is usefull at LH and maybe when analyzing 1M+ hands by parts like every 100k hands at NLH(as a progress bar). Have anyone tried to use it in a daily sessions ? can it be helpfull ?
Lith1um

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]