CCPF vs Call PFR

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

CCPF vs Call PFR

Postby Harnas31 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:38 pm

What is the diffrence between this two stats ?

CCPF - Its cold cold pre flop - and it means that when I am on CO and raise sombody from BTN cold call me - right ?
Call PFR - what does this mean ? example ?
Harnas31

Re: CCPF vs Call PFR

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 am

A "cold call" is a call of more than a single bet (i.e. a raise) when you do not already have any money in the pot. So if a player raises in the cutoff and you call from the button that is a cold call.
If you limp from the cutoff and the button raises and you call that is NOT a cold call.

"Call PFR" is when you face any raise and ONLY call preflop - you cannot raise or fold for this to count the hand.
WhiteRider

Postby Harnas31 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:21 pm

So Call PFR means that I have already put some moeny before calling:

1. I limp from CO , button raise preflop - I call
2. I am in BB , button raise - I call

Right ?
Harnas31

Postby kraada » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

Right for a cold call you can't have put any money in - including blind money.
kraada

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 am

Harnas31 wrote:So Call PFR means that I have already put some moeny before calling:

1. I limp from CO , button raise preflop - I call
2. I am in BB , button raise - I call

Right ?

Right, but not exclusively - if you cold call that is also a "Call PFR".
WhiteRider

Postby octopie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 pm

I was looking for an answer to a custom statistic made by BadLieutenant, called % Cold Call PreFlop on UTG (PT3, HE, $, 6-max).

The name just baffles me. When i run it, it returns a zero. So i might as well ask here. How can someome cold call under the gun? From the lines above and the columns of that stat, it looks pretty much useless to me. Am i missing something here?

cnt_ccpf_utg:
Code: Select all
sum( if[ holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_ccall and holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 3,1,0 ] )

cnt_ccpf_opp:
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp = false and holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_blind=0 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.position = 3,1,0 ] )

the stat:
( cnt_ccpf_utg / cnt_ccpf_utg_opp ) * 100
octopie

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 pm

You can only cold call in that position in full ring; in 6 max it is not possible.
kraada

Postby octopie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 am

kraada wrote:You can only cold call in that position in full ring; in 6 max it is not possible.

Thanks for the reply, but is there really a difference? I mean, you're first in (UTG), what raise do you want to call, who is raising? I just can't come up with a scenario for that situation by the above definitions of a cold call. Hell, i can only come up with a straddle bet (mississipi) made by someone other than the UTG. But that is allowed only in selected live games.

I quote the statistical reference guide:
A cold call is calling a preflop raise when you don't already have any money or chips invested in the pot, including blinds. You can never cold call from the blinds since you already have money or chips in the pot.
octopie

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am

Position 3 is not UTG when there are more than 6 players at the table. Position starts with the button as zero and increases so that the cutoff is 1, the hijack is 2, etc.
The BB is always 8 and the SB is always 9.
WhiteRider

Postby octopie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 am

So much i do know. So the above mentioned statistic is useless, alas. At least with its current intended use, based on the description.
octopie

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]