Display number of certain hand types grouped by month?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Display number of certain hand types grouped by month?

Postby eroock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 am

I want to get a grip on the frequency (and winnings) of certain hand types (PP, SC etc) I played grouped by month. The winnings tab doesn't seems to pick up on any filter apart from the session dates. The graph tab only displays the amount of hands but not clustered by month. So a report seems to be the only solution. Any thoughts on the configuration? Will this kind of analysis be done easier with PT4?
eroock

Re: Display number of certain hand types grouped by month?

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:57 am

Firstly - yes, this sort of thing will be easier in PT4. We have removed the distinction between session-based stats and reports (e.g. the Winnings tab) and hand-based reports.

To group other "stat" reports by month you'll need a custom stat - fortunately I have already built it, and I've attached it here.
If you extract the .pt3stat file from the zip and import it to PT3 (from the menu choose Configure > Configure Stats and on the Statistics tab click Import) then you will be able to use it in reports showing player stats, or custom reports in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section.
Bear in mind if you add it to the built-in reports you will get a row for each month for each line which is already in the report, so a custom report is probably going to work best for you.

Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics
Attachments
MonthYear.zip
(552 Bytes) Downloaded 91 times
WhiteRider

Re: Display number of certain hand types grouped by month?

Postby eroock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:09 am

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
eroock

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]