Need "Stab" Stat (Bet IP vs my missed Cbet)

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Need "Stab" Stat (Bet IP vs my missed Cbet)

Postby jojoiso » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 am

kraada wrote:That name was used several years ago as there's no standard meaning for a "probe bet" in poker - it's just a small feely-ish kind of bet. That's not rigorous enough to ever use in stats by itself, so we can use it the word in a more useful way. It's a lot less cumbersome than the alternative. A Probe bet is always out of position. A Float bet is always in position on the same street after the player who had the lead did not bet.

ok, what will be if i use probe bet on turn and in popup group make the option " Has position - In position on turn ", coz software has this option?

what i should listen, because another moderator, upper in this post, said to turn and river we should use probe bet.

As i understand the float bet didn't has a condition "missed cbet or bet".
jojoiso

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am

As it says in the stat descriptions:

Probe Turn: Percentage of the time that a player bets out of position on the turn after calling a preflop raise, checking the flop and the aggressor checks the flop also.

Probe River: Percentage of the time that a player bets out of position on the river after checking and calling a flop continuation bet and the turn is checked through.

Since the out of position is defined in the stat, you cannot set it to be in position and get useful values.
kraada

Postby jojoiso » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

then what should i use for turn and river in position vs missed cbet on previous street?
jojoiso

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 pm

There isn't a default stat for that. Betting in position on the same street is a Float, but there's nothing for checking it through then betting the next street if checked to.
kraada

Postby jojoiso » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Could u help me with this stat? I tryed to see what probe bet consist and try figured out what i should change.

Mb u should make a faq, HEM 1-2 stats aka in PT4, alot of people try find it.
jojoiso

Postby BillGatesIII » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:42 pm

jojoiso wrote:then what should i use for turn and river in position vs missed cbet on previous street?

kraada wrote:There isn't a default stat for that. Betting in position on the same street is a Float, but there's nothing for checking it through then betting the next street if checked to.

That's still a Float I guess?
BillGatesIII

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes betting in position vs a missed cbet on the same street is a Float.

We do have this document but I think we've covered those already here :)
kraada

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]