Omaha Hand Ranges

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Omaha Hand Ranges

Postby mgillett » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

Sorry - this is a PT4 question - didn't know how to place it in a different forum once submitted ?

I find the UI for inputting Omaha starting hand ranges incredibly cumbersome.

Are there any tricks? For example is there a way to specify wildcards or suits like KxKyJxTy ??

Thanks ,

Martin
mgillett

Re: Omaha Hand Ranges

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 am

That hand would be a K high 1 Gap Rundown that is Double Suited with a Pair of KK - you don't need to build it out of a manual range.

As far as I'm aware there are no wildcards allowed in the Manual Range area at this time.
kraada

Postby mgillett » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for your reply

Maybe a specific example would help?

I can't get it right. forgetting about suitedness for now, just trying to get KKJT.

I tried KK - (no 3 of a kind) AND a 1 gap K high run down - I get KK52, KKJ2 and AKKQ . I unchecked the "or better" check box.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Martin
mgillett

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 am

That doesn't sound right.

Could you attach a screenshot showing this behavior to a support ticket for us? That would help us figure out what's going on here.
kraada

Postby mgillett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:42 am

I'm just asking how to specify KKTJ in the Omaha Hand Range Selector. If it works for you then I am obviously doing something wrong.

Martin
mgillett

Postby mgillett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

In order to specify KKJT.

How does one combine a pair with a 4 card rundown to get KKTJ ? I just can't get it to work !

It would be good if I could specify all hands with a 3 card rundown with a gap - ie. KJT and AND that with a pair of Ks .

What is he effect of specifying multiple things in the Hand Range Selector ? For example a pair and a Flush draw ? How does that compare to specifying them separately and ANDing THEM ?

I have to say, I find it very unintuitive.

Martin
mgillett

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 am

I've asked the developer who wrote this portion of the software for clarification - once I've heard back from him I'll update this thread for you.
kraada

Postby mgillett » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Any clarification yet ?
mgillett

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]