Limiting HUD stats to two digits

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Limiting HUD stats to two digits

Postby fret » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 am

Hey,

one thing I find very irritating with the hud is that whenever someone unknown sits, for most of the stats you get first a NA and once he (say) c-bets his first hand, a 100 for the c-bet stat. Both are obv. accurate and understandable, but I don't want the 3-digit 100 there as it takes up too much space. Also, the NA is not really hawt either. So I was thinking of creating duplicate stats for all my hud stats that basically let me shrink the format to two digits by multiplying with .99 and then truncating the decimals:

Something like this:

if (c-bet_flop > 0) then
c-bet_flop_dup := c-bet_flop * 0.99
else
c-bet_flop_dup := 0

Question: What would be the correct syntax and what do I have to watch out for?
fret

Re: Limiting HUD stats to two digits

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:06 am

That should work, though what I'd do instead of messing with the format expression is in the value expression just multiply by 99.99 instead of 100. That is use (cnt_f_cbet / cnt_f_cbet_opp) * 99.99

The only real downside is that times and opportunities won't work right if you do it this way.
kraada

Postby fret » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:06 am

Good point. And, I suppose, if I used (cnt_f_cbet / cnt_f_cbet_opp * 99.98 + 0.01), I would also get rid of the initial 'NA' as the value would now never be 0.00 and at the same time never reach 100.
fret

Postby kraada » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:52 am

Yep.

Just to clean up your ()s I think this will work a little bit better:
(cnt_f_cbet / cnt_f_cbet_opp) * 99.98 + 0.01
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]