Stop stats in information box being grouped by buy-in?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Stop stats in information box being grouped by buy-in?

Postby cameron.soulsby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 am

I am trying to make some custom stats to over lay over my graph but I cant work out how I control whether they are grouped by buy-in or not? Sometimes a stat will work as I want but sometimes they are calculated separately for each buy-in that I have played. How do I stop this happening?

Here is an example of what I don't want - the "Adjusted inc. RB" stat should just show the EV won plus a percentage rakeback.

Thanks!
Cam
cameron.soulsby

Re: Stop stats in information box being grouped by buy-in?

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 am

It depends on how the stat is built. How is your RB stat built?
kraada

Postby cameron.soulsby » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:55 am

Something like this:

var_amt_net_expected_curr_conv + amt_fee*0.4

I just can't see why this is happening with some stats and not others. Maybe you can explain a little about what would cause the stat to be grouped? I assumed putting a stat in the info box just sums the stat over all the tournaments, and can't see why that would not just result in one figure.

I am trying to build a stat which shows my expected hourly, ie the stat above divided by (var_cnt_minutes_real_month / 60)

At least I think var_cnt_minutes_real_month is what i would use. I don't understand the difference between real hours date, real hours month or real hours tournament, or what the summary ones are. Not sure what I am missing here but it seems like there should only be two stats - one which takes multi-tabling into account and one which doesn't. Maybe you can explain these for me too?

Thanks for your help,
Cam
cameron.soulsby

Postby kraada » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 am

var_cnt_real_minutes_month groups the stat into months played - that's needed in order to give you the minutes for each month. It's intended for reports that already group by month (at which point you don't notice a difference). So what you're probably seeing is that you've been playing for three months and that's the grouping necessary.

Unfortunately due to the way you need to build it in order to calculate hours, every hour related stat needs some kind of grouping and there is no generic non-grouped hours value.
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]