Datamining

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Datamining

Postby TeaGee » Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 am

I believe I read somewhere that you could datamine opponents you have played against; or can datamining be done while playing? I can't find anything on how to do it. Help is appreciated. Shoot - I just realized this is posted under PT3. I have PT4.
TeaGee

Re: Datamining

Postby kraada » Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 am

The majority of poker sites now prohibit datamining - and we will not go against the site's wishes. If your site allows it, it will write observed hands when you observe tables, and we will import those observed hands into PT4 (and PT3 for that matter).
kraada

Postby TeaGee » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:54 am

On a whim, I purchased 200,000 hand histories from pokertableratings for about 8 bucks for Merge.

PTR claims the information is current and I finally figured out how to import it into PT4 (I think). Once it is imported, I have no clue how to access the info and if it was worth the 8 bucks. I guess I just wanted to see if it could be done; and I believe sites shouldn't allow datamining - simply on principle and don't plan on additional purchases (already feel a bit guilty, like I'm cheating).

PTR claims you will have an edge by seeing your opponents hole cards. Against the regs at the tables I play, it might be interesting, or I may find out I already know their ranges. :roll:

Again, once the import is complete (it's taking forever), I'm not sure how to access it. Help, please?

Edit: I just re-read your response and it appears PT4 won't allow the import unless I'm observing the tables, but the import seems to be working, but very slow.
TeaGee

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 am

Once those hands are imported you'll be able to either change Player in the left hand drop down to see data on specific other players, or you can create custom reports to see specific hands or data on specific players. If you've got NoteTracker turned on, that will churn through all of the hands also and you'll see the results on your opponents when you play them next.
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]