Difference between cold call and this... weird results

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Difference between cold call and this... weird results

Postby CHINA888 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:09 am

I'm trying to figure out what is going on on this two custom columns, I've got weird results when they have to be the same...

CODE 1
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 and holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_call = 1, 1, 0])

CODE 2
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_ccall, 1, 0])

Its a counter for the number of times a player cold calls preflop. However the results are completelly different, being the first one higher than the second one.

can anybody explain me what is going on here?

Thanks
CHINA888

Re: Difference between cold call and this... weird results

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 am

These are not identical, though they are similar in many cases.

In your first case you are limiting to times someone never raises, makes one call, and faced a raise -- for example, calling an open raise in the big blind. In the second you are limiting to times when someone makes a call of a raise having not put any money in the pot -- this excludes all blind scenarios (who have money in the pot by default). It also doesn't limit to times when you faced 3bets. In the first case you could not call cold in position and face a squeeze and didn't fold -- in the second case, that would be fair game.
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]