Number of players at table?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Number of players at table?

Postby cag8f » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm trying to create a new statistic that uses the current number of players at the table for a given hand number. In what section and column can I find this value? I'm tired, so it might be right under my nose.
cag8f

Re: Number of players at table?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:42 pm

That can be done with the live stats mechanism. Is this for PT3 or PT4?
If it's PT4 take a look at how the other stats beginning with "Live" for how to make live stats. The number of players is "live_cash_table.cnt_players".
WhiteRider

Postby cag8f » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm using PT3. Since this is done with Live Stats, am I correct that I cannot access this information offline? I'd like to perform an analysis of all my previous SNGs. Specifically, I'd like to calculate my average stack when the bubble bursts (i.e. when the number of players at the table becomes 3). Is this possible?
cag8f

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 am

For analysis afterwards you can access the number of players in a hand using the database field "tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players".
WhiteRider

Postby cag8f » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks. But in what 'Section' can I find this data? In PT3, when creating a new statistic, I have to choose a section, and I can't find "tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players" in any of the 4 "Holdem Tournament" sections (Holdem Tournament Hand, Holdem Tournament Player Statistics, Holdem Tournament Tournament, or Holdem Tournament Tournaments). I can find "tourney_holdem_summary.cnt_players," but that appears to just be the total number of players that entered each tourney.
cag8f

Postby kraada » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:42 pm

You can filter by its value in the blue Filters link of a custom report on the Reports tab, just enter the inequality representing the value you want (this will work for Hand or Player reports).
kraada

Postby cag8f » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 am

Sorry I'm still trying to get this to work. I'm stumbling over my first hurdle though: getting a report to run in the Holdem Tournament Hand section. I've created a simple report that only includes the "Player" statistic. I have the "Filter on Active Player" box checked. Shouldn't this report return my player name? It returns nothing. (FYI, if I uncheck 'Filter on Active Player,' a list of all player names *is* returned) Furthermore, when I try to add the "Chips" statistic, and filter to only hands with 3 players at the table, the report runs for about 30 seconds, then I receive an error stating, "Unable to execute query...Reason: Fatal Error (out of memory for query result). I have about 27k total hands, running Win 7 32 bit, and have 3GB of RAM. Thoughts?
cag8f

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 am

That does sound odd. Do the normal reports work fine for you?
kraada

Postby cag8f » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am

Do you mean the built-in reports displayed in General, Hands, Tournaments, etc tabs? If so, then yes, those work without issue.
cag8f

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Try adding some of the stats for any of the reports that show one hand per row. Like "Hand #" -- those are all Hand statistics and those reports should work the same as the custom Hand reports.
kraada

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]