Basic expression filter in all player report

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Basic expression filter in all player report

Postby agentreno » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:30 am

Hello all,

I want to find out what hands my player pool cold-calls a raise with when they're not in the blinds and the difference between their VPIP and PFR is less than 5. Further refining it so that their VPIP is also less than 20 would be handy.

I've created an all player report and used an expression filter that looks like this: (cnt_vpip - cnt_pfr) < 5.

This gave no results which may mean I filtered out all of the data - but obviously it's not the case that no player in my pool matches that description.

Where am I going wrong?

Cheers,
Karl
agentreno

Re: Basic expression filter in all player report

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:14 pm

So is this for PT4? (You posted in the PT3 section)

cnt_vpip and cnt_pfr are the number of actions, not the value of the stats. To compare stat values you need to use #VPIP# and #PFR#.

An All Players report won't show you individual hands, though.
If you can confirm that you're using PT4 we should be able to write a custom filter to retrieve specific hands like that - e.g. this type of filter.
WhiteRider

Postby agentreno » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes sorry posted in the wrong place, I'm using PT4. I tried something slightly different after reading the link you posted (#VPIP# - #PFR# < 6 as a filter) but it didn't reduce the number of hands so I think I'm still going wrong somewhere...

There was a longer query (SQL like?) in that thread but I honestly don't understand the components of that query well enough to adapt it to my needs.

Also I could use a hand report instead, but wouldn't I be right in thinking you can add 'Hole Cards' as a column and still get the preflop holdings in an all player report that way? I had issues with hand reports in that they always involved me as the active player rather than just every cold-call (or whichever situation I was looking for) that I'd observed in the pool.
agentreno

Postby kraada » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:36 pm

In order to use #VPIP# and #PFR# you need to have those stats displaying -- then it filters based on rows that match the values you set to filter for. So in short, yes you could add hole cards and display VPIP but then if you filter for #VPIP# it'll be based on the VPIP pair from that hole card in that row. So you'd really want to do what WhiteRider linked to in that other thread.
kraada

Postby agentreno » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Okay I've put quite a bit of time into this and looked carefully at the thread you pointed me to but I'm still stuck. My expression filter is below (liberally spaced to try and make sense of it):

cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (
SELECT chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps where chps.id_player in (
SELECT cc.id_player from cash_cache cc group by cc.id_player
HAVING
sum(cc.cnt_hands) > 500 and sum(cc.cnt_pfr_opp) > 0 and
(
((sum(cc.cnt_vpip) * 1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) * 1.0)) -
((sum(cc.cnt_pfr) * 1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_pfr_opp) * 1.0))
)
BETWEEN .01 and .06
)
)

This results in an error:

Any suggestions?
agentreno

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Please restart PT3 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerTracker 3 folder - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker that is in that folder. The error is cut off and we'll need to see the full error in the log to diagnose the problem properly.
kraada

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]